Re: [Hyenas] Removing myself from emails?

  • ricky.de@talk21.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
      Would this stop all the spam emails? I'm all up for team spirit and all that but its getting crazy at moment
      Rik

      From: james22ice@... <James22ice@...>
      Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:27:21 +0000
      To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>; Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hyenas] Removing myself from emails?

      Any member can have their use of the group email restricted to not being able to send messages or set so they can't receive them altogether.

      If that decision is made by the committee then it can be put into force immediately

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
        If someone can't post they can't spam

        From James

        From: james22ice@... <James22ice@...>
        Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:27:21 +0000
        To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>; Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

        Any member can have their use of the group email restricted to not being able to send messages or set so they can't receive them altogether.

        If that decision is made by the committee then it can be put into force immediately

        Not sure Rik someone must know though, I know what you mean though and I think I will mention it to the rest of the comity and if need be look at the options of blocking constant offenders from the mailing list as it just prevents people from reading the mail that does require responses.

        On 6 Jan 2012, at 09:12, ricky.de@... wrote:

        > Hi guys how do we remove ourselves from group email? I have my emails come to my phone and when working there are a lot of pointless non hockey regarding emails.I know this was bought up at an agm once and it stopped for a while but now its becoming constant. Or can we have a new email set up purely for game info etc?
        >
        > Rik

      • SIMON RUSZALA
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
          If you could remove myself from the mails it would be good also.

          Hope you are all well and enjoyed a good break over Christmas. As Bristol Ice Rink is closing in October looks like I'm going to have to cross the border to Cardiff or Swindon so might play a game or 2 against you next season.

          All the best,

          Si

          To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com; hyenas@yahoogroups.com
          From: James22ice@...
          Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:36:19 +0000

          If someone can't post they can't spam

          From James

          From: james22ice@... <James22ice@...>
          Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:27:21 +0000
          To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>; Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

        • james22ice@hotmail.co.uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
            Si,

            You can click un subscribe or I can change your group status.

            Hope you and Vicky are both well

            From James

            From: James22ice@...
            Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:36:19 +0000

            If someone can't post they can't spam

            From James

            From: james22ice@... <James22ice@...>
            Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:27:21 +0000
            To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>; Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
              Before this goes too far and we do actually have to sort this out as a committee - which would be ridiculous to say the least...

              Ben,

              Please stop posting crap on here, particularly in reply to emails about club related activities.  I know you find it funny and maybe one or two others do too but there are 30+ people on here who don't.

              Rik,

              I suggest that you create a hotmail or yahoo account and change your Hyenas@yahoogroup email setting so it fires all these club emails to that address instead.  You could set your phone up to just check this account manually or at a certain time of the day.

              I know you're out & about every day (unlike us desk jockeys) but a Hyenas email can wait until you're not at work and then you don't run the risk of missing anything.

              Everyone,

              If anyone on here is spamming the Hyenas group email, just add that particular sender to your spam or junk folder or set up a rule in your email to send anything by that person to your deleted items.

              Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill here, it's just common sense.

              Word.

              Fenno

            • b_allum@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012