11368Fw: Help us celebrate National Blood Week

  • kay carrington
    Jun 13, 2013

      Go on, you know you want to...

      Help us celebrate National Blood Week
      Please click here if you cannot view any images
      Give Blood                    NHS Blood and transplant
      We need as many people
      as possible
      To help us celebrate
      National Blood Week
      Donor ID:
      Dear Kay,
      Did you know that we supply hospitals with around 7,000 units of blood every day? Or that, in order to continue to meet that demand, we must recruit nearly 200,000 new donors every year?

      As a valued blood donor yourself, there’s a good chance that you did know – but we’re willing to bet that many of your friends or colleagues don’t!

      That’s why this year, as part of our National Blood Week celebrations, we’re asking donors to share these facts with anyone they know who might be interested in blood donation, to help us continue to recruit the new donors we need. Facts like:

      • each unit of blood donated is split into its constituent parts, and can save up to three lives
      • the number of regular blood donors has fallen by 23% over the past decade
      • the minimum age for blood donation is 17 years (650,000 people will turn 17 in the next 12 months!)
      So if you do know someone who you think might be interested in giving blood, please forward this email to them or tell them to visit us at http://elists.postroom.com/t/4452/1514134/2/18/.

      Thanks again for your continued commitment,

      Jonathan Latham,
      Assistant Director, Blood Donation
      100 Thousand Donors In 100 Days
      Call us on 0300 123 23 23 Facebook Find us on Facebook
      Visit us at http://elists.postroom.com/t/4452/1514134/2/22/ Twitter Follow us on Twitter
      Download the latest give blood mobile app today for iPhone and Android
      Available on the iPhone App Store Available on the Android Market
      NHS Blood and Transplant Customer Services, Oak House, Reeds Crescent, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4QN