RE: [Hydrofoil] Traveling with hard shell case

  • danjpohl@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002

      I have not been charged when I use the curb side or sky cab check in.  I was charged once at the main counter.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        It is the best way to travel with your ski. You should not have any problem as long as you keep it below 70 lbs. and you tell them it is water ski equipment. I would also make sure to lock the locks on the case so when they throw it around it will not pop open.

            Skydog

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
          Dan,
          With what were you charged for traveling with a hydrofoil? Did they let you
          have bail?

          ewing
        • Robert Plamondon
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
            I'd be careful what you tell them it is at the counter, because they are very likely going to ask you to open it up so they can check it.

            I would tell them it's "ski equipment" and not "golf clubs" and then you may have to explain when they ask you to open it.

            You will almost surely get flagged for screening with that big a piece. :-(

            Good luck.

            Rob

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002

              And keep a few photos handy to explain what a hydrofoil is to those that don’t understand…I have the new calendar packed in my carry on to “whip out.”

              Chadly

              3/4 of the earth is water; 75% of the world can't be wrong.