Re: [Hydrofoil] foil drag

  • Tom Kjøde
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2001
      Even riding in cold briny water I don't find this much of a problem
      (ordinary SS, newbie rider). But I do have to yank it hard sometimes
      to lift off as several of you describe.

      If I found it a big problem, I would try to reduce the angle between
      ski and strut by a few degrees (see fig.)

      Think of it as lowering the ski tip a bit. This could be accomplished
      e.g. by placing spacers between the ski and the front of the seat
      tower (look for the "T" in the figure).

      --+----+--
      | |
      | |
      \ | |
      `----------------T--+-+------
      \ |
      angle |
      btw ski |
      & strut |
      \ |

      -----

      The idea being that as the ski sits down, the foil will be brought a
      little more forward and maintain a positive angle of attack.

      Regards,
      --
      Tom Kjøde # email: tkj@... # P.O. Box 7090
      Design Engineer, R&D # phone: +47 5522 5851 # N-5020 BERGEN