Anyone in Utah?

  • Ronald H Levine
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
      Bryan and I rode the Air Chair today in Utah Lake and had a lot of fun.  It's Bryan's boat and Air Chair and I often go with him and have great enthusiasm and learn what I can by reading posts in our group.  Both of us have watched many videos and instructional videos.  Today, I enjoyed flying above the surface of the water with the blade cutting through the waves for a smooth ride.  It is good background for being able to advance to more difficult control of the Air Chair.  Brian improved his jumping across the wake.  He often teaches people new to the Air Chair.  But, he really wants to learn the fancy things that can be done on the Air Chair and would greatly appreciate learning from someone skilled at it who is in Utah.  Perhaps we can arrange to go boating in the same lake and on the same day.

      My earlier post from this morning never posted.  Here it is again.

      Anybody who can do tricks on a hydrofoil who will want to ride along on Bryan's boat or their boat, please call Bryan at: 801 598-3437.

      This is posted by Ronald who flys smooth on the Air Chair for my friend Bryan who owns the boat and Air Chair.  Bryan does some jumping and wants to learn from those who are good at stunts and tricks.  I've been a member of this group for years and learn from reading posts.

      We are going right now to Utah Lake to Air Chair.  The weather is nice.

      Ronald H Levine   :)
      Sandy, Utah
    • Stephen Fleishman
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
        I need help with a basic ride
        I get up in the air and then it like a dive bomb.!
        Can't keep it level

        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • David Ewing
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
          Tie a piece of rope around the tbar.  Just has to be loose, but knotted.  Then try to ride it.  Drag will help stabilize the ride.  And don't try to ride fast.  10-12 mph

          David Ewing

          Life - the Original Terminal Disease

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011

            Increasing your speed can help if it feels like you have to fight to keep it level, or it may be that your foil needs to be shimmed a bit in order to make the ski fly a bit more neutral if it currently has negative lift.

            -Jeff

            On Aug 8, 2011 8:02 PM, "Stephen Fleishman" <bagel007@...> wrote:
            > I need help with a basic ride
            > I get up in the air and then it like a dive bomb.!
            > Can't keep it level
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Aug 8, 2011, at 2:10 AM, "Ronald H Levine" <ronaldhlevine4548@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Bryan and I rode the Air Chair today in Utah Lake and had a lot of fun. It's Bryan's boat and Air Chair and I often go with him and have great enthusiasm and learn what I can by reading posts in our group. Both of us have watched many videos and instructional videos. Today, I enjoyed flying above the surface of the water with the blade cutting through the waves for a smooth ride. It is good background for being able to advance to more difficult control of the Air Chair. Brian improved his jumping across the wake. He often teaches people new to the Air Chair. But, he really wants to learn the fancy things that can be done on the Air Chair and would greatly appreciate learning from someone skilled at it who is in Utah. Perhaps we can arrange to go boating in the same lake and on the same day.
            >>
            >> My earlier post from this morning never posted. Here it is again.
            >>
            >> Anybody who can do tricks on a hydrofoil who will want to ride along on Bryan's boat or their boat, please call Bryan at: 801 598-3437.
            >>
            >> This is posted by Ronald who flys smooth on the Air Chair for my friend Bryan who owns the boat and Air Chair. Bryan does some jumping and wants to learn from those who are good at stunts and tricks. I've been a member of this group for years and learn from reading posts.
            >>
            >> We are going right now to Utah Lake to Air Chair. The weather is nice.
            >>
            >> Ronald H Levine :)
            >> Sandy, Utah

          • Mark Buckmaster
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
              Check out Utahhydrofoiling.com  Greg is always looking for riders.

              Mark

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                Yeah, I get out of the water and all of a sudden I'm
                Going up and down with no control. I dip 2 to 3
                Times and swallow water and then the rides over

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Aug 8, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Jeff Posey <poseyjn@...> wrote:

                Increasing your speed can help if it feels like you have to fight to keep it level, or it may be that your foil needs to be shimmed a bit in order to make the ski fly a bit more neutral if it currently has negative lift.

                -Jeff

                On Aug 8, 2011 8:02 PM, "Stephen Fleishman" <bagel007@...> wrote:
                > I need help with a basic ride
                > I get up in the air and then it like a dive bomb.!
                > Can't keep it level
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Aug 8, 2011, at 2:10 AM, "Ronald H Levine" <ronaldhlevine4548@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Bryan and I rode the Air Chair today in Utah Lake and had a lot of fun. It's Bryan's boat and Air Chair and I often go with him and have great enthusiasm and learn what I can by reading posts in our group. Both of us have watched many videos and instructional videos. Today, I enjoyed flying above the surface of the water with the blade cutting through the waves for a smooth ride. It is good background for being able to advance to more difficult control of the Air Chair. Brian improved his jumping across the wake. He often teaches people new to the Air Chair. But, he really wants to learn the fancy things that can be done on the Air Chair and would greatly appreciate learning from someone skilled at it who is in Utah. Perhaps we can arrange to go boating in the same lake and on the same day.
                >>
                >> My earlier post from this morning never posted. Here it is again.
                >>
                >> Anybody who can do tricks on a hydrofoil who will want to ride along on Bryan's boat or their boat, please call Bryan at: 801 598-3437.
                >>
                >> This is posted by Ronald who flys smooth on the Air Chair for my friend Bryan who owns the boat and Air Chair. Bryan does some jumping and wants to learn from those who are good at stunts and tricks. I've been a member of this group for years and learn from reading posts.
                >>
                >> We are going right now to Utah Lake to Air Chair. The weather is nice.
                >>
                >> Ronald H Levine :)
                >> Sandy, Utah

              • Stephen Fleishman
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                  Can you tell me how exactly to shim it.
                  Someone said to tie a rope on it too.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Aug 8, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Jeff Posey <poseyjn@...> wrote:

                  Increasing your speed can help if it feels like you have to fight to keep it level, or it may be that your foil needs to be shimmed a bit in order to make the ski fly a bit more neutral if it currently has negative lift.

                  -Jeff

                  On Aug 8, 2011 8:02 PM, "Stephen Fleishman" <bagel007@...> wrote:
                  > I need help with a basic ride
                  > I get up in the air and then it like a dive bomb.!
                  > Can't keep it level
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone
                  >
                  > On Aug 8, 2011, at 2:10 AM, "Ronald H Levine" <ronaldhlevine4548@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Bryan and I rode the Air Chair today in Utah Lake and had a lot of fun. It's Bryan's boat and Air Chair and I often go with him and have great enthusiasm and learn what I can by reading posts in our group. Both of us have watched many videos and instructional videos. Today, I enjoyed flying above the surface of the water with the blade cutting through the waves for a smooth ride. It is good background for being able to advance to more difficult control of the Air Chair. Brian improved his jumping across the wake. He often teaches people new to the Air Chair. But, he really wants to learn the fancy things that can be done on the Air Chair and would greatly appreciate learning from someone skilled at it who is in Utah. Perhaps we can arrange to go boating in the same lake and on the same day.
                  >>
                  >> My earlier post from this morning never posted. Here it is again.
                  >>
                  >> Anybody who can do tricks on a hydrofoil who will want to ride along on Bryan's boat or their boat, please call Bryan at: 801 598-3437.
                  >>
                  >> This is posted by Ronald who flys smooth on the Air Chair for my friend Bryan who owns the boat and Air Chair. Bryan does some jumping and wants to learn from those who are good at stunts and tricks. I've been a member of this group for years and learn from reading posts.
                  >>
                  >> We are going right now to Utah Lake to Air Chair. The weather is nice.
                  >>
                  >> Ronald H Levine :)
                  >> Sandy, Utah

                • Stephen Fleishman
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                    I will try, it's so frustrating. I can never get past
                    10 seconds and it's like riding a bucking bull.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
                      New riders often fly too high or cut thru the wake, and the wing will break the surface or get air under it when exiting the wake. When the front wing does this, it looses the lift instantly and the nose will dive, smack the water and shoot back up 3-4 times. Keeping the water half way up on the strut is the trick to fly level. If you watch video slowed down you can see the wing come to the surface then dive.

                      Shimming will fix a foil that climbs on it own or won’t climb. If you fight to keep it down or have to work to get it to fly off the surface, then shim. The goal hear it to be able to cut out and ride level, not have the foil climb or sink.

                    • genoyauchler@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 9, 2011
                        You have to be sure to keep your body over the front of the ski too
                        keep it down, in addition to keeping the handle high. Also, be sure
                        that your rear wing isn't set with too much positive shim. If you can't
                        seem to keep it down, even when you have your body forward and your
                        handle high, try putting a small coin under the rear of your rear wing
                        to change the angle of lift. Also sometimes you can push your butt
                        forward on the seat and that will help.

                        Geno

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 9, 2011
                          What a cool sport. Some one asks for basic advise and
                          Geno chimes in. If you new guys aren't sure who Geno is
                          google him. Amazing athlete, top of our sport for
                          a long time! Not a bad guy either!
                                          KT

                          To: bagel007@...; ronaldhlevine4548@...
                          CC: Hydrofoil@yahoogroups.com