Re: [Hydrofoil] The Xcalibur is born!!!!

  • Rob Plamondon
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 1, 2007
      I remember having a conversation with Mike Murphy at the first TN-Flyin about making a T-Bar exactly like what you've shown us (little as it is tease).  He told me they tried that and it didn't ride as well as the profile that all t-bars have had since day one.

      I took him at his word because spacy as Murph could be on some subjects, I found him to be incredibly knowledgable when discussing fluid and aero dynamics and the differences between the two sciences.

      I am looking forward to hearing how your bar rides Bryan because due to my lifelong experience building and flying model airplanes, it makes sense to me that a "teardrop" or "airfoil" t-bar would perform better.  Particularly in colder water to eliminate suck-down or ventilation.

      Now that we're living in a CNC world, we can try lots of profiles on all surfaces that could not be acheived by hand fabrication.

      Rob Plamondon
      rob@...
      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 5, 2007
        DOES IT SNOW IN FL?  After watching the Super Bore I am convinced that Globabl Warming is going to make us all Freeze to death..............

        Dave Ewing
        Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't