Re: [Hydrofoil] Carbon Monoxide

  • Joe Rufiange
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      I love that noise!
      Chip Reihl <creihl@...> wrote:
      "Reverse-Darwinism" at it's finest.  I personally don't teak surf, I do enjoy inland surfing.  This can also be a real carbon monoxide sport.  Now that my 12 year old daughter is starting to show interest in this subset of the wakeboard sport, I am currently looking at this as a potential solution.  http://www.freshairexhaust.com/  Anyone see or try this product?

      Chip
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006

        My friend’s boss had that “fresh air exhaust” system on his boat. I emailed him about it. Here is what he said:

        Yes this was the system that we tried and returned.

        Mickey Mouse design!  Sheet metal screws, hose clamps, and PVC.

        4 hours and a trip to home depot and a ten year old could have designed this system.

        Yes it did a great job as far as lowering the noise from the engine.

        What was not considered in the design process was the back pressure gain from the piping.  We couldn't get past 20 mph.

        Charlie Koch

        LPG & NH3 Supply, Inc.

        1200 1st St NE

        Buffalo, MN 55313

        800-328-0314

        www.lpgandnh3.com

      • hydrofoil@hydrofoiling.de
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2006
          YES

          ___

          Am 30 Apr 2006 um 18:22 hat Chip Reihl geschrieben: