Re: [Hydrofoil] Pictures on Dallaswakeboarding.com

  • Todd Kyser
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 1, 2005
      First of all, the people in the boat are our friends and parked there for us
      to set this up. And more importantly, I have never, and would never, jump
      directly over a boat or any other solid object. I was about 5 - 10 feet off
      the bow, which is still closer than I would recommend anyone get, but a
      distance that I felt comfortable with.
      The reason why I would never do such a thing is that even though I have
      faith in my ability to get the height (no matter what anyone else says) and
      time it right, there are things beyond a rider's control that can cause it
      to go wrong. All it takes is to hit a leaf, a fish or anything that may be
      in the water and what would be a 15 foot gainer may not even leave the
      water.

      TK

    • ewingski@aol.com
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 2, 2005

        In a message dated 11/1/05 2:52:08 PM, bill@... writes:

        Only the
        "mentally" strong survive!!

        Not always!   And didn't Jake attempt to jump a boat, or did he just forget to stop  ;-)

        David Ewing
        There is no personal problem that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosive