Front Range MiniFly-in

  • Matt Legge
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      Front Range MiniFly-in

      Well, it's 23 days until I'm on the road to Glendo.  Look like it'll be a really nice Front Range Mini Fly-In.  Looks like maybe 30 plus people are coming up with their boats.   I won't name them here, but the majority are from Colorado.  Looks like there was some interest from the Arizona contingent also.  I hope to meet a bunch of other foilers up there and I'm really looking forward to it.

      Here's my schedule:  I'm heading up in the morning of May 23, Wednesday and I should get there after 11:00 a.m..  Weather permitting, I'll stay through the next Tuesday May 29.  We'll set up camp in Custer Cove and try to save enough room for everyone.  I believe it's about $21.00 per day camping if you are not a resident of Wyoming.  It's something like $7.00 daily park pass and another $14.00 for overnight camping permit.  We'll be around the johns also so you don't have to worry about being self-contained.

      Basically, it's a Bring Your Own Gear camp out ( including one group with a 30' fifth wheeler <vbg> ).  Glendo is about halfway between Casper and Cheyenne on highway 25.  There's a small hotel and a large gas station right off the highway in Glendo.  A great restaurant ( at least last year it was ) and of course a full liqour store.

      Anyone who wants to can email me @ mattl@...

      We'll be setting up in the South end of the Custer Cove Camp Ground.

      Here's a URL with the Wyoming State Park map:

      http://spacr.state.wy.us/sphs/mglendo.htm

    • Matt Legge
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2001

      • mattl@informix.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2001
          I don't know if this went through the first time so:::Well, it's 23
[...]

          We'll be setting up in the Norht side of the Custer Cove Camp Ground.