New Years

  • GoSkyski@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2001
      Happy New Years Everyone,
      This new years finds us with snow covering everything in site and 22 degrees.
      No foiling for the Okies today. Did anyone manage to foil under the arch
      today?
      This New Year I am resolving to land a front flip along with losing another
      10 pounds. I figure that I can gain another foot of height in the air-----
      what kind of motivation is that? I'm also going to resolve to get more
      people involved in riding and get people INVERTED. Jason-----that's different
      from perverted. I'm mostly resolved to getting another boat. May the ghetto
      boat rest in peace. I hope that everyone has a great New Year.

      Royce Hintergardt
      goskyski@...
      <A HREF="http://www.hometown.aol.com/goskyski/index.html">OKLAHOMA HYDROFOIL
      </A>

      PS Go Sooners
    • hkgagnier@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2001
        Hi Royce,
        I landed a few more gainers yesterday and thought next week I would try to
        throw a roll. You had given me some advice last year and I am ready to give
        it a try. Jason posted a mpg file of a guy named Jeff crashing on a roll.
        Its on the egroup web site and I was wondering what he did wrong to get so
        much slack? Have you seen that clip? Check it out and let me know what you
        think. I do a better job watching and understanding crashes then watching it
        done right sometimes.
        Hugh
      • GoSkyski@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2001
          Hugh,
          You lucky guy, getting to ride in favorable conditions all the time. Sounds
          like you are progressing well. I know the clip that you are referring to.
          Jeff is actually my riding partner, and I shot the footage in October this
          fall. You are correct in watching crash footage, it's a lot easier to see
          where someone went wrong than to see perfect flips and rolls. I went back and
          looked at it frame by frame. He got a lot of slack, but the rope was still
          tight the first five feet out of the water. It appears that on the launch he
          didn't cut the board quite enough into the wake. Then to make it worse he
          pulled on the rope on the initial rise. The boat speed was 28 mph and that
          makes everything more critical. Speed will magnify any mistakes. I've updated
          my website with some tips for rolls and gainers. They are slightly revised
          from what I sent you earlier.

          Royce Hintergardt
          goskyski@...
          <A HREF="http://www.hometown.aol.com/goskyski/index.html">OKLAHOMA HYDROFOIL
          </A>
        • Rob
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2001
            Hey Royce, I've got some bad news for you.  I lost 100 lbs and didn't gain any more air on my jumps.  It was quite a dissappointment actually.  But think of it as you'll be able to ride longer both per run and longer as you'll live longer to ride!!!

            Rob Plamondon
            rob@...
            This new years finds us with snow covering everything in site and 22 degrees.
            No foiling for the Okies today. Did anyone manage to foil under the arch
            today?
            This New Year I am resolving to land a front flip along with losing another
            10 pounds. I figure that I can gain another foot of height in the air-----
            what kind of motivation is that?  I'm also going to resolve to get more
            people involved in riding and get people INVERTED. Jason-----that's different
            from perverted. I'm mostly resolved to getting another boat. May the ghetto
            boat rest in peace. I hope that everyone has a great New Year.

            Royce Hintergardt
            goskyski@...
            <A HREF="http://www.hometown.aol.com/goskyski/index.html">OKLAHOMA HYDROFOIL
            </A>

            PS Go Sooners

            Check the Hydrofoil eGroup page featuring our own chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.
            http://www.egroups.com/group/Hydrofoil

          • Teresa Wilborn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
              Hey Hugh....Jon's wondering when you're gonna come out for your lesson?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
                Hello Teresa,
                Time is flying by and now we are trying to juggle between snow skiing,
                mountain biking, foiling, and other stuff. I am going to buzz out there one
                of these days, but lately I have just been squeaking in a day here and a day
                there locally. I ran into Cheryl and Brent Roberts in Mammoth a couple weeks
                ago. Kind of funny sitting on a chair lift and talking about sky ski tricks
                the whole way up. I heard you guys all got together at Parker over the
                holidays...sounds great. I'll be talkin to you. Say hi to Jon, and don't
                give up hope on me.
                Hugh
              • ruthie ritter
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
                  Royce,
                  Unfortunately there was no foiling for us in front of the Arch on New Years
                  day this year. Too much ice and snow on the banks to even get to the water.
                  A small group got together to jump in but we passed.
                  Good luck on your New Years resolutions. As difficult as front flips are, I
                  bet you have more luck with them than losing 10 lbs! Why is it that when you
                  hit 40 the lbs just hang around like a wanna-be new best friend.
                  This snow is getting a bit old, been around since the middle of Decemeber
                  and we had the coldest December in 100 years. Usually I complain that we
                  don't get enough snow to use my cross country skis but now we've got it and
                  it's too damn cold to enjoy it. I know...some women are never happy! If the
                  sun would just shine I'd be happy.
                  Hanging in there till it thaws!
                  ru