Re: [Hydrofoil] Re: Hi

  • Luke Steele
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 31, 2004
      It's hell overcoming macho BS stereotypes - When I joined the fire department 20+ years ago, one of the old guys pulled out the breathing apparatus and proudly noted that it was "still new" because no one was a big enough p**** to put it on.  I still wonder how many years I shaved off before I got educated enough to know how wrong they were.

      I've got the same dream every parent has - that my kids don't have to make all of the mistakes I did.  It sure would make it easier if people with shit for brains would keep their mouths shut......

      Luke

      shutupandski2004 wrote:
      Paul? I don't ever remember addressing you with a comment, but I'm
      sure you're some loser that hasn't had any real experience with
      skiing so you putz around with a Skyski and a helmet just flailing
      around like a retard breaking equipment and slamming your head on
      the water. I've gotten alot of advice offlist as to why you folks
      are so defensive about your helmets. Real skiers with some
      experience in body control and air-sense don't need helmets for
      average foiling. I can understand Geno inventing those crazy tricks.
      But you fellas that take 3,000 attempts to do a trick should
      probably take up needle-point or something. What's The Rock
      say? "Know Your Role".

      Check the Hydrofoil Yahoo Group page featuring our own chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.

      chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XeeolB/TM

       http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Contact Info Ralph "Luke" Steele
      Fire Rescue Resources
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
        I don't know how you guys are able to put up with that giant, oozing security hole
        called Windows. Macintosh OS X has been around for about 3 years and is still virus
        free. Well, except for the possibility of a macro virus stemming from more Microsoft
        products. The idea is to be TMF. Totally Microsoft Free.

        --- In Hydrofoil@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Steele" <bsteele@f...> wrote:
        > Ha...the insurance stuff was getting boring anyway. :)
        >
        > On a more serious note, the virus email from "shutupandski2004" wasn't actually
        sent from him. It seems to have originated from...

        > 2698 NE Courney Drive
        > Bend, Oregon
        > from a computer associated with Central Oregon Home Health and Hospice
        company

        > If this sounds familiar to anyone on this list, make sure and run virus scans on all of
        your computers. You have the "MyDoom" virus or some similar off-shoot. The spam
        virus email is annoying, but the more serious effect has do with the "backdoor" type of
        programs that these viruses install on your computer. This is how you can get all of
        your online banking passwords, 401k websites, and other very personal information
        stolen from you by computer hackers (identity theft)...as well as using your computer
        as a launching point for malicious website attacks and spam mail relays. So take
        these viruses very serious and make sure your computers are clean of viruses!
      • Brad Scott
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004

          Is OS X virus free because of good security? Or because no one bothers to wrote viruses for so few users  …

          I don't know how you guys are able to put up with that giant, oozing security hole
          called Windows.  Macintosh OS X has been around for about 3 years and is still virus
          free.  Well, except for the possibility of a macro virus stemming from more Microsoft
          products.  The idea is to be TMF.  Totally Microsoft Free.

          --- In Hydrofoil@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Steele" <bsteele@f...> wrote:
          > Ha...the insurance stuff was getting boring anyway.  :)
          >
          > On a more serious note, the virus email from "shutupandski2004" wasn't actually
          sent from him.  It seems to have originated from...

          > 2698 NE Courney Drive

          Bend, Oregon
          > from a computer associated with Central Oregon Home Health and Hospice
          company

          > If this sounds familiar to anyone on this list, make sure and run virus scans on all of
          your computers.  You have the "MyDoom" virus or some similar off-shoot.  The spam
          virus email is annoying, but the more serious effect has do with the "backdoor" type of
          programs that these viruses install on your computer.  This is how you can get all of
          your online banking passwords, 401k websites, and other very personal information
          stolen from you by computer hackers (identity theft)...as well as using your computer
          as a launching point for malicious website attacks and spam mail relays.  So take
          these viruses very serious and make sure your computers are clean of viruses!

          Check the Hydrofoil Yahoo Group page featuring our own chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.

          chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Royce
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
            Hey Jason,
             Here's a link to the video of the strut to the head if your interested.

             A good visual for safety equipment.

            Royce
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
              Wow, quoting "The Rock".........

              I think that explains it all!!

              Rob Plamondon
              rob@...

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 2, 2004
                Bryan,

                Interesting that you tracked this teeny booper to near the Florida fly-in. Now I know why he hasn't returned my email on coming to the Florida Fly-in it must be to far to travel by bicycle.This means Billy does wear a helmet as it is a state law in Florida that all children wear their helmets while riding their bicycle. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazup with that Billy? Does this mean you are Bi-Sexual or just gay? LOL Billy if you want to come to the Florida Fly-in I need to get a written consent from your parents. We prefer they come to watch over you as we don't tolerate unruly children. If they can't take you to the fly-in let me know where you live and I will make sure you get a ride. If I do this I want your parents written permission to spank you when you get out of line. Sorry Billy boy there are no shopping malls in Lake Placid to look for little girls your age. If you live near Lakeland I bet Geno wouldn't mind picking you up. He has child restraints in his car too. Just let me know what you want to do. DON'T FORGET THE CONSENT AND THE WRITTEN PERMISSION LETTERS.

                Philthy

                P.S. Good time to plug the Florida Fly-in. 58 Days and counting. Everyone please don't forget to renew your USAWS membership so you can have your card in time. Hum. Does that make me a sissy to have insurance? ROTFLMAO
[...]

                On a less serious note for "Billy B", why do you chose to remain anonymous?  Especially since you live and work pretty close to where the Florida Flyin is held (Lake Placid).  I'm assuming if you are getting into hydrofoiling that you would want to attend the fly-in and ride with Geno...no need to be anonymous at the fly-in.

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 17, 2006

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Jake Bradley
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 17, 2006