ebay

  • Kirk Upton
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003

                Check this out....   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628244395&category=23807
    • Luke Steele
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
        That's funny - the foil assembly looks just like the one on my Sky Ski Pro.  Has Bob seen the light?

        Luke

        --
        Contact Info Ralph "Luke" Steele
        Fire Rescue Resources
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
          If Bob saw the light, it was reflected into his eyes from that polished
          foil......

          ewing
        • gunstenson@usinternet.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
            Notice the title: Modified Air Chair (better than Sky Ski)

            er....ah...um....how about those highly modified heel straps?

            $430 and the reserve not met yet????? That must make my old skyski worth
            about.......<pinky finger to side of mount> one billion dollars.

            Also, anyone with infants or toddlers have the correct description for
            the color that board is painted ;)

            Jason

            On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:59:40 -0700 "Kirk Upton" wrote:

            > Check this out....
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628244395&category
            > =23807
          • Teresa Wilborn
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
              I noticed it said it's ready for "big air" lol
              Notice the title: Modified Air Chair (better than Sky Ski)

              er....ah...um....how about those highly modified heel straps?

              $430 and the reserve not met yet?????  That must make my old skyski worth
              about.......<pinky finger to side of mount> one billion dollars.

              Also, anyone with infants or toddlers have the correct description for
              the color that board is painted ;)

                    Jason

              On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:59:40 -0700 "Kirk Upton" wrote:

              >           Check this out....
              > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628244395&category
              > =23807

              Check the Hydrofoil Yahoo Group page featuring our own chat room, rider listings & an event calendar.

            • Sam Reidland
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                Who is 'Big Air' and is he related to Big Gay Al? I noticed the ski is listed in Austin!

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                  The "big air" happens when you put it in a box and ship it air freight, and
                  then again when you throw it.

                  ewing
                • Sky Ski
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Mr. Internet Policeman

                    I can always count on you for ROTFLMAO. Teacher............Teacher...................can I guess the color yes Philthy go ahead
                    Why it's baby sh*t yellow. Now what do I win?

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                      Mr. Philthy,

                      That is the correct answer to the $0.64 question.

                      The prize: A free ride on the ride in question because, after all, as
                      advertised, it is "better than SkySki"

                      or you can accept our lovely parting gift of a poke in the eye ;) (would
                      probably hurt less than coming out of those strapless bindings!)

                      Jason

                      ps. this internet policeman is going to go see what he can find in the
                      evidence locker ;)

                      pps. say hi to Laurie for all of us!

                      ppps. How are you feeling these days?

                      On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:54:55 -0400 "Sky Ski" wrote:

                      > Mr. Internet Policeman
                      >
                      > I can always count on you for ROTFLMAO.
                      > Teacher............Teacher...................can I guess the color yes
                      > Philthy go ahead
                      > Why it's baby sh*t yellow. Now what do I win?

                    • Sky Ski
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                        I'll take the poke in the eye :-)

                        Everything is just fine. Laurie is doing great and I am waiting on another
                        operation. Hopefully this one will put me back in the saddle again. That's a
                        Sky Ski shock tower saddle. I knew what you were thinking hehe Give that
                        super model a hug for me.

                        Philthy~mon

                      • Stilleyman@Aol.Com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                          I see it's listed in Austin, Tx. Maybe Al can chime in on this one. Being the "Boat Whore" I'm sure he's seen it before!

                          Love those foot beds and the new and improved "stealth" heel straps! When I say "Stealth" I'm sayin' as in NOT VISIBLE :)

                          That looks like a split head waiting to happen!

                          Stilleyman
                          Sterling, Va.
                        • Al Lewin
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 1, 2003
                            That one I would remember. I have not seen it around.
                            Anyone try emailing the seller?

                            Al

                            --- Stilleyman@... wrote:
                            > I see it's listed in Austin, Tx. Maybe Al can chime
                            > in on this one. Being the "Boat Whore" I'm sure
                            > he's seen it before!
                            >
                            > Love those foot beds and the new and improved
                            > "stealth" heel straps! When I say "Stealth" I'm
                            > sayin' as in NOT VISIBLE :)
                            >
                            > That looks like a split head waiting to happen!
                            >
                            > Stilleyman
                            > Sterling, Va.

                            http://shopping.yahoo.com
                          • Todd Kyser
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 3, 2003
                              >(would probably hurt less than coming out of those strapless bindings!)
                              Actually, it does have rubber heelstraps.

                              As far as the color, it could be worse. It could be one of Spitz's pink
                              Rustoleum jobs! :)

                              TK

                              >From: gunstenson@...
                              >To: skyski@...
                              >CC: Hydrofoil@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [Hydrofoil] ebay
                              >Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:16:01 CST
                              >
                              >Mr. Philthy,
                              >
                              >That is the correct answer to the $0.64 question.
                              >
                              >The prize: A free ride on the ride in question because, after all, as
                              >advertised, it is "better than SkySki"
                              >
                              >or you can accept our lovely parting gift of a poke in the eye ;) (would
                              >probably hurt less than coming out of those strapless bindings!)
                              >
                              > Jason
                              >
                              >ps. this internet policeman is going to go see what he can find in the
                              >evidence locker ;)
                              >
                              >pps. say hi to Laurie for all of us!
                              >
                              >ppps. How are you feeling these days?
                              >

                              >On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:54:55 -0400 "Sky Ski" wrote:
                              >
                              > > Mr. Internet Policeman
                              > >
                              > > I can always count on you for ROTFLMAO.
                              > > Teacher............Teacher...................can I guess the color yes
                              > > Philthy go ahead
                              > > Why it's baby sh*t yellow. Now what do I win?

                              Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
                              patented spam protection and more. Sign up now!
                              http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa
                            • queez@3-cities.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 29, 2004
                                I have a question for the group. I am trying to sell my foil on ebay and
                                received to emails from different people asking if I would ship to Germany
                                and if so how much to ship? This is the first thing I have attempted to
                                sell on ebay anyone have any advice? Does this sound sketchy? I remember
                                everyone talking about scams on ebay not to long ago so I am a little
                                paranoid.

                                Thanks ahead of time for your help,
                                Ryan
                              • Lance Reinsma
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 29, 2004
                                  Personnaly I would not ship to any other place than the US or
                                  Canada. It is a hassle to find out costs and customs for shipping,
                                  and 9 out of ten times (probably more, once they find out how much
                                  it costs to ship, they back out. I did one time sell a drysuit to
                                  someone in France, it went for about $80 and shipping was like $90.
                                  The best way to make sure you are not getting the raw end of the
                                  deal is to have them pay via PayPal at a price you determine (with
                                  all costs included - use USPS for shipping amounts etc..), make sure
                                  the payment went through, then close the auction early with a reason
                                  that the product is no longer for sale (has to be done before 12
                                  hrs. when it ends).
                                  Otherwise just wait for someone within North America to buy it.
                                  Although it is good for the sport to have people from other
                                  countries get into hydrofoiling.

                                  --- In Hydrofoil@yahoogroups.com, queez@3... wrote:
                                  > I have a question for the group. I am trying to sell my foil on
                                  ebay and
                                  > received to emails from different people asking if I would ship to
                                  Germany
                                  > and if so how much to ship? This is the first thing I have
                                  attempted to
                                  > sell on ebay anyone have any advice? Does this sound sketchy? I
                                  remember
                                  > everyone talking about scams on ebay not to long ago so I am a
                                  little
                                  > paranoid.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks ahead of time for your help,
                                  > Ryan
                                • Kirk Upton
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 29, 2004
                                    Ryan,
                                    Sounds like you are finally moving up!
                                    I have sold a couple of foils on ebay. I list on my auctions that I sell
                                    only within the Continental USA.
                                    I limit my payment methods to Cashier check, MO or paypal ...which I prefer.
                                    DO NOT sell to anyone who attempts to
                                    buy outside of ebay. Shipping on my last foil was almost $100 via FedEX.
                                    Give me a call if you need any help.
                                    Hey...You missed a great time at the Polar Bear Run.
                                    I am pulling the boat out with this warm weather we are having ;)
                                    Kirk