RE: [Hydrofoil] XStar Research

  • Bill Kinnison
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Thought I'd stir the pot a little..... the wakeboard pro tour is traveling thru Seattle this week. All of the riders are here & the tour's X-Star is sitting here on Sammamish for the week. We went out on it this evening for a surf test. I've posted a few of the pics in the list Photos folder here:  http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/lst

      Just some observations..........

      With the 3 fat sacks full & over 1000 lbs of lead on board for a total of 2800 lbs, the wake is bloody HUGE! The wake is truly obscene & will be outlawed in most lakes in California due to erosion problems. I will hate being the other boat who has to drive over this monster!!

      8 liter motor again. Probably not the most gas efficient, but it sure moves the boat in a hurry!

      8 people in the boat & everyone had PLENTY of room! Foil racks will be a necessity though, unless you prefer walking on them or sitting them on the engine cover (too dangerous, eh, Don!).

      The bimini is nice to walk under but will be impossible to do Around the Boat (yea, like this tug will do it anyway).

      Price tag of this stripped down version is just over $70k. Those of you who don't believe, ask the dealer yourself. These babies ain't cheap!

      Not the most practical boat in the world, mainly due to the price tag & amount of gas it'll take to ski it for a day! Not to mention that it won't fit in many modern day garages or boat slips.

      I question how long the stylish dash will be in style. More than likely it'll be "out" next year & take 30 years to come back "in".

      Anyone want to bet that the other guys come out with something similar next year? MB already has their B-52 with the 2 speed tranny & unreal ballast system. I'd bet that CC will have a wakeboard edition of their big I/O lookin v-drive soon enough.

      Foil testers for Tuesday night apply within!!
      --
      Bill - bill@...
      http://airjunky.com

    • ewingski@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
        Pure curiosity, Bill, but can you name one model of a dedicated Ski boat that
        fits the word "practical"?

        ewing
      • ewingski@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
          I don't think there is a bath room in the Batboat, but Rob, correct me if so.
          If they did put one in, I am sure it is for the wakeboarders, who, as WE all
          know, are full of do do do do do do do do......

          ewing
        • ewingski@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
            Obviously, Jason, you are neither knowledable of barnyard animals (totally
            debunking the sheep rumor), nor of southern alliteration.

            Hows that for hifalutin' talk!

            ewing
          • Luke Steele
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
              HEY, I'm trying to learn something here.....

              Much like Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama, "I've never really understood that saying".  What's wrong with the hind t*t?  I'm not even referring to the alternative of having none at all.  I've never seen puppies fight over who had to take it and  I have seen no coherent information that there is any difference in milk production.  So what's the problem?

              I have also never noticed a human preference for left versus right although some bathing suits do tend to induce a physiological effect, notably a loss of tension in the jaw muscle and an increase in saliva output, often
              accompanied by diaphoresis.  Diagnosis in the absence of the triggering mechanism can often lead to a false conclusion that the patient has suffered a Transient Ischemic Attack, because symptoms tend to moderate quickly when the mechanism is removed or an moderating agent (wife or girlfriend) is introduced.

              See, I can do medical journals too!!!

              Luke

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/XeeolB/TM

              .

              --
              Contact Info Ralph "Luke" Steele
              Fire Rescue Resources

            • ewingski@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
                My understanding is that "hind tit" is usally the least productive, according to various dog breeders I have known, and the runt usually gets shoved to that locale. As for humans, right-left has more to do with handedness, of all parties involved

                Ewing
                Sanity is highly over-rated
              • Pavento, Nick C. - Bird Machine
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                  Not that I want to add more fuel to the fire but I just came across this Xstar real cheap!!