Re: Off-topic: FTP

  • Vince H.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 1999
      Try CuteFTP or FTPx. The former is shareware, but it's one of the more
      functional ones out there. FTPx is freeware, I believe. I used to use it,
      but since it was only half-decent, decided to go for the more impressive,
      less error-prone CuteFTP.

      I'm not too familiar w/ any others...good luck, and I'm still waiting
      patiently for the goodies. ;)

      Vince H.

      > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
      >

      > Before anyone starts getting cross with me for not doing a certain
      > promised FTPing... <ahem>. I'm looking for any half-decent (and free)
      > FTP program that will work in a Windows '98 window as akin to the disc
      > filing system as possible, one that also gives progress updates etc. The
      > only FTP program I've got for my PC is the standard DOS version that
      > comes with Windows, and that basically sucks, and that's why those files
      > have been delayed. As soon as I get a decent FTP program I'll upload
      > a.s.a.p.
      >
      > Any advice appreciated.
      >
      > Stuart.
      >
      > --
      > Stuart Bruce
      > stuart@...
      > music@...
      > http://www.atomiser.demon.co.uk

      > WEB SITES THAT ARE A MUST VISIT!:
      > Distinctive Records Site: http://www.distinctiverecords.com -- you can
      order Hybrid's music, watch videos, listen to samples and much more!
      > Unofficial site: http://users.desupernet.com/halycon/Hybrid/hybrid.html --
      This site is packed with info!