Off-topic: FTP

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 1999
      Before anyone starts getting cross with me for not doing a certain
      promised FTPing... <ahem>. I'm looking for any half-decent (and free)
      FTP program that will work in a Windows '98 window as akin to the disc
      filing system as possible, one that also gives progress updates etc. The
      only FTP program I've got for my PC is the standard DOS version that
      comes with Windows, and that basically sucks, and that's why those files
      have been delayed. As soon as I get a decent FTP program I'll upload
      a.s.a.p.

      Any advice appreciated.

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 1999
        Try CuteFTP or FTPx. The former is shareware, but it's one of the more
        functional ones out there. FTPx is freeware, I believe. I used to use it,
        but since it was only half-decent, decided to go for the more impressive,
        less error-prone CuteFTP.

        I'm not too familiar w/ any others...good luck, and I'm still waiting
        patiently for the goodies. ;)

        Vince H.

        > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
        >

        > Before anyone starts getting cross with me for not doing a certain
        > promised FTPing... <ahem>. I'm looking for any half-decent (and free)
        > FTP program that will work in a Windows '98 window as akin to the disc
        > filing system as possible, one that also gives progress updates etc. The
        > only FTP program I've got for my PC is the standard DOS version that
        > comes with Windows, and that basically sucks, and that's why those files
        > have been delayed. As soon as I get a decent FTP program I'll upload
        > a.s.a.p.
        >
        > Any advice appreciated.
        >
        > Stuart.
        >
        > --
        > Stuart Bruce
        > stuart@...
        > music@...
        > http://www.atomiser.demon.co.uk

        > WEB SITES THAT ARE A MUST VISIT!:
        > Distinctive Records Site: http://www.distinctiverecords.com -- you can
        order Hybrid's music, watch videos, listen to samples and much more!
        > Unofficial site: http://users.desupernet.com/halycon/Hybrid/hybrid.html --
        This site is packed with info!