RE: [Hybrid] MSN Music / Airless.... And The Charts

  • Phil Stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
      On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chilvers, Simon wrote:
      > Also.... I seriously doubt that Visable Noise/Know Your Enemy will get
      > anywhere in the charts!! The stores ran out yesterday simple because they
      > only ordered a few in!! Not like they do when Oasis or those twats off Pop
      > Idol release a single and they order copies in their dozens!!

      As far as I can tell this is more of a limited release than a full-blown
      chart release though. There dosn't seem to be any hint of remixes and as
      far as I know the release is just the CD and the 12". I've not seen the CD
      yet though, so I am a tad speculative here; am I right in guessing that
      the CD just has the two tracks on it plus maybe an edit?

      I think that VN/KYE is an album pre-release to keep us lot happy that is
      probably eligible for the charts, but not expected (or marketed) to do
      anything in the charts.

      When Hybrid do their first 'major' release from the album, then we can
      expect to see the larger quantities and the promotion on-par with what
      we've seen with recent Way Out West releases. Which is all good fun :-)

      > Amongst other things I bought yesterday afternoon was over £120 worth of
      > vinyl... But I don't want to go into that... My head's still hurting from
      > having to say "NO" to all the other vinyl that I wanted to buy!!

      Ouch, that's a lot of vinyl. I wish I could afford to buy more vinyl. One
      day, one day ...

      --
      From Phil
      Record collection growing painfully slowly ...
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
        --- In HybridUK@y..., "Chilvers, Simon" <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
        > Also.... I seriously doubt that Visable Noise/Know Your Enemy will
        get
        > anywhere in the charts!! The stores ran out yesterday simple
        because they
        > only ordered a few in!! Not like they do when Oasis or those twats
        off Pop
        > Idol release a single and they order copies in their dozens!!

        I was a tad sarcastic.
        Guess I should have been a bit more "in yer face", eh?

        Honestly... Distinctive... work with us on this will ya? Tickles me
        pink when labels complain about downloading and when you want to
        actually buy a CD it's not available...

        I know the record stores are partially to blame too, but it's all
        about marketing and accurate calculation of demand & supply, which
        apparently was dismissed this time again.

        cheers,
        maksidrom