Re: [Hybrid] Re: Visible Noise / Know Your Enemy - Out Today!

  • Magnus Lorentz
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
      kudos to Hybrid - just hope the success won't go to their heads and make
      them more ... comercial ;)

      very OT - if you get a chance to see a film called 'Lilja 4-ever'
      (Swedish) - do so, but it will demolish your faith in mankind... just did it
      and ...quite, quite disturbing..

      /Magnus

      > Seeing how HMV reviewed it and all the "buy buy buy, who needs a
      > review anyway" I pre-ordered the cd single from HMV this weekend...
      > only to get a note from them on Monday morning saying that they were
      > out of stock!!
      >
      > I know I am a dreamer, but is it possible that the entire nation ran
      > to the record stores first thing Monday morning and bought out the
      > entire supply and we'll see Visible Noise zoom up the charts to No.1
      > on Sunday?
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2002
        I daydreamed about the same thing actually...it'd be nice wouldn't it?
        Hehehe., I've got 3 copies now (chuckle!)...one 12" and a couple of CDs.
        Many of the smaller record shops didn't appear to stock the CD/12" or
        just had a small batch of Cd's. Even in the major shops you had to hunt.
        However, I was quite proud to see the 12" on full display in one major
        London HMV in their 'new releases' racks.

        Happy hunting - get em while you can!

        :)

        Nick

        >I know I am a dreamer, but is it possible that the entire nation ran
        >to the record stores first thing Monday morning and bought out the
        >entire supply and we'll see Visible Noise zoom up the charts to No.1
        >on Sunday?
      • Owain Griffiths
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2002
          Got my copy on vinyl today...nice!

          Hope they take a more tchier side on the new album...to be honest theres
          only so far you can go with strings and if they go for another album after
          that, I wouldnt mind a more downtempo affair.

          Also ordered Y3K soundtrack to the future on vinyl...rabbitweed, snyper high
          velocity AND 2 bad mice remix on vinyl? Bonus!
        • Thom Burgess
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
            Wikid choice of vinyl-where did you order Y3K from? I m after the high velocity remix of snyper which seems to be near impossible to find. I have tried Hardtofindrecords, replayrecords, and dancemusicfinder ( dam awful service )- any other ideas?

            >Hope they take a more tchier side on the new album...to be honest theres
            >only so far you can go with strings and if they go for another album after
            >that, I wouldnt mind a more downtempo affair.
            >
            >Also ordered Y3K soundtrack to the future on vinyl...rabbitweed, snyper high
            >velocity AND 2 bad mice remix on vinyl? Bonus!
          • Phil Stewart
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
              On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Thom Burgess wrote:
              > Wikid choice of vinyl-where did you order Y3K from? I m after the high
              > velocity remix of snyper which seems to be near impossible to find. I
              > have tried Hardtofindrecords, replayrecords, and dancemusicfinder ( dam
              > awful service )- any other ideas?

              Y3K promo EPs turn up on eBay and in second-hand record shops from time to
              time. I got my copy of Snyper and my copy of Running Down The Way Up from
              Reckless Records in London. I've variously seen both of these items turn
              up on ebay from time to time, although not often have I seen the release
              vinyl. But then if Distinctive are flogging Y3K vinyl, then bonus :-)

              Check out Distinctive's website, see what they're upto. They do manage to
              keep a fairly substantial back-catalogue available to buy online.

              --
              From Phil
              Must not purchase more vinyl, bank balance too badly damaged, must not
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                Cool thanks-Reckless is round the corner to me so I'll go check it on the offchance along with Distinctive.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                  Funnily enough, I got mine from Distinctive! :D I think both were in stock
                  but I can be sure about the first one...the second one has been ordered but
                  im banking on it arriving by thursday...if its not here then therell be hell
                  to pay >:o