RE: [Hybrid] MSN Music / Airless.... And The Charts

  • Chilvers, Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
      >>Since when is Airless considered a Hybrid track..???
      >>
      >>I thought this was the other Hybrid band...
      >>
      >>Can anyone confirm this???
      >>
      >>RICK
      >>
      >>"Confused Collector"

      That track is by a band called "Airless" and the track name is "Hybrid"

      Also.... I seriously doubt that Visable Noise/Know Your Enemy will get
      anywhere in the charts!! The stores ran out yesterday simple because they
      only ordered a few in!! Not like they do when Oasis or those twats off Pop
      Idol release a single and they order copies in their dozens!!

      Unlucky to anyone in the Crawley Area... I went into town at about 3.30pm
      and could only find copies in Virgin... 2 copies of it on CD and 2 copies on
      vinyl... I bought the 2 Cd's so you'll have to fight amongst yourselves for
      the Vinyl (I've already got a copy of it on 12")!!

      Amongst other things I bought yesterday afternoon was over £120 worth of
      vinyl... But I don't want to go into that... My head's still hurting from
      having to say "NO" to all the other vinyl that I wanted to buy!!

      Si

      This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
      If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
      strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
      stated in this communication shall be legally binding.
    • Phil Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
        On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chilvers, Simon wrote:
        > Also.... I seriously doubt that Visable Noise/Know Your Enemy will get
        > anywhere in the charts!! The stores ran out yesterday simple because they
        > only ordered a few in!! Not like they do when Oasis or those twats off Pop
        > Idol release a single and they order copies in their dozens!!

        As far as I can tell this is more of a limited release than a full-blown
        chart release though. There dosn't seem to be any hint of remixes and as
        far as I know the release is just the CD and the 12". I've not seen the CD
        yet though, so I am a tad speculative here; am I right in guessing that
        the CD just has the two tracks on it plus maybe an edit?

        I think that VN/KYE is an album pre-release to keep us lot happy that is
        probably eligible for the charts, but not expected (or marketed) to do
        anything in the charts.

        When Hybrid do their first 'major' release from the album, then we can
        expect to see the larger quantities and the promotion on-par with what
        we've seen with recent Way Out West releases. Which is all good fun :-)

        > Amongst other things I bought yesterday afternoon was over £120 worth of
        > vinyl... But I don't want to go into that... My head's still hurting from
        > having to say "NO" to all the other vinyl that I wanted to buy!!

        Ouch, that's a lot of vinyl. I wish I could afford to buy more vinyl. One
        day, one day ...

        --
        From Phil
        Record collection growing painfully slowly ...
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2002
          --- In HybridUK@y..., "Chilvers, Simon" <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
          > Also.... I seriously doubt that Visable Noise/Know Your Enemy will
          get
          > anywhere in the charts!! The stores ran out yesterday simple
          because they
          > only ordered a few in!! Not like they do when Oasis or those twats
          off Pop
          > Idol release a single and they order copies in their dozens!!

          I was a tad sarcastic.
          Guess I should have been a bit more "in yer face", eh?

          Honestly... Distinctive... work with us on this will ya? Tickles me
          pink when labels complain about downloading and when you want to
          actually buy a CD it's not available...

          I know the record stores are partially to blame too, but it's all
          about marketing and accurate calculation of demand & supply, which
          apparently was dismissed this time again.

          cheers,
          maksidrom