Re: Visible Noise Reviewed

  • mrwhizzy
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
      Ah well. Thats cos it is. Just ignore what I say, take notice of the
      fact it got a good review and score. Hell, do you really need to read
      a review to buy it? :)

      --- In HybridUK@y..., "synathome" <hamish@a...> wrote:

      > This particular reviewer needs to learn a few adjectives other
      > than 'twisted'!
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@y..., "renegadesoundwaves" <keliher@m...> wrote:
      > > Progressive Sounds did a lengthly review of the lads new single
      at
      > > http://www.progressive-sounds.com/reviews/hybrid-visible-
      noise.asp.
      > > They gave it a 9/10 which is very positive because I rarely see
      > > anyone get over an 8/10. The reviewer also talks about the new
      > album
      > > and what to expect. Check it out.
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
        >Hell, do you really need to read a review to buy it? :)

        Couldn't have put it better myself mate! !! Buy! Buy! Buy!

        :)

        Nick
      • Nick Bower
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
          Here's what HMV say...just in case you needed a second opinion from a
          high street record shop (er, no..:)

          'During a stop-gap between 'Wide Angle' and the forthcoming album,
          Hybrid find time to delve deep and deliver another one of their
          trademark moody breaks monsters. Already big across the whole breaks
          scene, both 'Visible Noise' and 'Know Your Enemy' are also the kinds of
          tracks that are finding homes in the sets of the more experimental house
          and progressive jocks sets. A quality release!'

          'nuff said.

          buy

          :)

          Nick
        • ally@hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
            > Don't buy it for Know Your Enemy, though. Man, what a boring track.

            It's doing brilliantly in reviews....I like it.

            :)

            Ally
          • Thom Burgess
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
              Hey when you listen to the current trend of dancey pop trash anything Hybrid is gold dust. Visible noise truly is manic breakbeat house at its finest. Hope it goes far.

              >> Don't buy it for Know Your Enemy, though. Man, what a boring track.
              >
              >It's doing brilliantly in reviews....I like it.
              >
              >:)
              >
              >Ally
            • Nick Bower
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
                >> Don't buy it for Know Your Enemy, though. Man, what a boring track.
                >
                >It's doing brilliantly in reviews....I like it.
                >
                >:)
                >
                >Ally

                I like it too. Give it a few listens - give it a chance. I thought it
                didn't do a great deal for me first time I listened to it, but the track
                is very subtle (in a slamming kind of way!). Both tracks have really
                grown on me.

                Well, I've just been out and bought 2 copies of Visible Noise and also
                picked up the club & dub mixes of WOW's Stealth whilst I was at it.
                Distinct'ive have done well out of me today ;P

                LOL

                Nick
              • oddball
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
                  You are gonna get flamed for that. I prefer it to Visible Noise. The beats are PHAT and the sounds are spooky. Sends a shiver up my spine it does :)

                  >> buy
                  >
                  >Don't buy it for Know Your Enemy, though. Man, what a boring track.
                  >
                  >-antti
                • Ben Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
                    > > buy
                    >
                    > Don't buy it for Know Your Enemy, though. Man, what a boring track.

                    You've got it round the wrong way, don't buy it for Visible Noise
                  • Antti Mutta
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002