Visible Noise / Know Your Enemy - Out Today!

  • ally@hybrid-group.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
      Need I say more?

      Ally
    • maksidrom
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
        --- In HybridUK@y..., "ally@h..." <ally@h...> wrote:
        > Need I say more?
        >
        > Ally

        Well, I find all this very ironic...

        Seeing how HMV reviewed it and all the "buy buy buy, who needs a
        review anyway" I pre-ordered the cd single from HMV this weekend...
        only to get a note from them on Monday morning saying that they were
        out of stock!!

        I know I am a dreamer, but is it possible that the entire nation ran
        to the record stores first thing Monday morning and bought out the
        entire supply and we'll see Visible Noise zoom up the charts to No.1
        on Sunday?

        cheers,
        maksidrom
      • Magnus Lorentz
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
          kudos to Hybrid - just hope the success won't go to their heads and make
          them more ... comercial ;)

          very OT - if you get a chance to see a film called 'Lilja 4-ever'
          (Swedish) - do so, but it will demolish your faith in mankind... just did it
          and ...quite, quite disturbing..

          /Magnus

          > Seeing how HMV reviewed it and all the "buy buy buy, who needs a
          > review anyway" I pre-ordered the cd single from HMV this weekend...
          > only to get a note from them on Monday morning saying that they were
          > out of stock!!
          >
          > I know I am a dreamer, but is it possible that the entire nation ran
          > to the record stores first thing Monday morning and bought out the
          > entire supply and we'll see Visible Noise zoom up the charts to No.1
          > on Sunday?
        • Phil Stewart
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
            On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, maksidrom wrote:
            > Seeing how HMV reviewed it and all the "buy buy buy, who needs a
            > review anyway" I pre-ordered the cd single from HMV this weekend...
            > only to get a note from them on Monday morning saying that they were
            > out of stock!!

            I think HMV might've underestimated CD demand. My local HMV had three or
            four vinyl copies this morning but *no* CDs at all. Was a bit miffed
            really, but it did give me the opportunity to spend the money on alcohol
            this evening tho :o)

            --
            From Phil
            Veeeery slightly drunk :P
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2002
              I daydreamed about the same thing actually...it'd be nice wouldn't it?
              Hehehe., I've got 3 copies now (chuckle!)...one 12" and a couple of CDs.
              Many of the smaller record shops didn't appear to stock the CD/12" or
              just had a small batch of Cd's. Even in the major shops you had to hunt.
              However, I was quite proud to see the 12" on full display in one major
              London HMV in their 'new releases' racks.

              Happy hunting - get em while you can!

              :)

              Nick

              >I know I am a dreamer, but is it possible that the entire nation ran
              >to the record stores first thing Monday morning and bought out the
              >entire supply and we'll see Visible Noise zoom up the charts to No.1
              >on Sunday?
            • Owain Griffiths
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 7, 2002
                Got my copy on vinyl today...nice!

                Hope they take a more tchier side on the new album...to be honest theres
                only so far you can go with strings and if they go for another album after
                that, I wouldnt mind a more downtempo affair.

                Also ordered Y3K soundtrack to the future on vinyl...rabbitweed, snyper high
                velocity AND 2 bad mice remix on vinyl? Bonus!
              • Thom Burgess
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                  Wikid choice of vinyl-where did you order Y3K from? I m after the high velocity remix of snyper which seems to be near impossible to find. I have tried Hardtofindrecords, replayrecords, and dancemusicfinder ( dam awful service )- any other ideas?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                    On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Thom Burgess wrote:
                    > Wikid choice of vinyl-where did you order Y3K from? I m after the high
                    > velocity remix of snyper which seems to be near impossible to find. I
                    > have tried Hardtofindrecords, replayrecords, and dancemusicfinder ( dam
                    > awful service )- any other ideas?

                    Y3K promo EPs turn up on eBay and in second-hand record shops from time to
                    time. I got my copy of Snyper and my copy of Running Down The Way Up from
                    Reckless Records in London. I've variously seen both of these items turn
                    up on ebay from time to time, although not often have I seen the release
                    vinyl. But then if Distinctive are flogging Y3K vinyl, then bonus :-)

                    Check out Distinctive's website, see what they're upto. They do manage to
                    keep a fairly substantial back-catalogue available to buy online.

                    --
                    From Phil
                    Must not purchase more vinyl, bank balance too badly damaged, must not
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                      Cool thanks-Reckless is round the corner to me so I'll go check it on the offchance along with Distinctive.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
                        Funnily enough, I got mine from Distinctive! :D I think both were in stock
                        but I can be sure about the first one...the second one has been ordered but
                        im banking on it arriving by thursday...if its not here then therell be hell
                        to pay >:o