Re: [Hybrid] Airdrawndagger (was: re: Erm... Hip Hip...)

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
      > I got a chance to preview Airdrawndagger (sasha's new one), and I got to
      tell ya mates that I like it. I think it's pretty solid nearly the whole
      way through. Let me know if anyone else has an opinion on this one, also if
      there are any other good albums to check out (since that news release said
      Hybrids next one will probably be out in February!)

      > K, lates from Southern California

      My opinion is that it's the best electronic dance music album in 2002. LSG's
      new The Hive might come in second. This doesn't include other electronic
      music genres. Boards Of Canada has a strong album this year outside the
      dance-music genre and there's a lot of others too. Tighter competition
      outside the dance scene.

      -antti
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
        >My opinion is that it's the best electronic dance music album in 2002.

        Couldn't have put it better myself Antti :) For me it's already possibly
        album of the year - full stop. Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful...

        Can't wait to hear the new Spooky stuff now as well....

        :)

        Nick
      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
          >Let me know if anyone else has an opinion on this one...

          personally... im stoked about the album.. im just so glad its not progressive fodder
        • Sapna Modi
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
            A bit Northern Exposure like maybe?? It kind of reminds me of that time but
            obviously its more up to date. It's like he wished he could produce
            everything he played on the Northern Exposure albums including Hybrid's
            Symphony - he's almost there now and shown he can produce good stuff but
            clearly not as good as Hybrid (yet!)

            ;)

            > personally... im stoked about the album.. im just so glad its not
            progressive fodder
          • propellerheadcase
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
              It's funny how everybody was expecting this, but given the flavour of
              his first remix (according to MixMag) - Evolution's 'Metropolis'
              (Sasha's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Mix) - which has breaks running
              right through it, it's not entirely a surprise.

              --- In HybridUK@y..., EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
              personally... im stoked about the album.. im just so glad its not
              progressive fodder
            • plutonium_guy
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
                --- In HybridUK@y..., "Sapna Modi" <smodi@c...> wrote:
                > A bit Northern Exposure like maybe?? It kind of reminds me of that
                time but
                > obviously its more up to date.

                How much like Northern Exposure?
                I liked that album