Symphony

  • Davin Greenwell
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2000
      It's not listed very well anywhere,
      but here's the deal on Symphony:

      * Original Breakbeat Mix (with a saxophone in it)
      * Extended Original Mix (without a saxophone, much longer, it's the one on
      NE2)

      Another release of Symphony had the following:
      * The M4 Corridor Dub (has a saxophone, REALLY nice version)
      * Sure Is Pure mix (really deep bassline, housey percussion, almost speed
      garage)
      * Symphonik remix (saxophone, uptempo, piano added)

      I'm not so sure this is an official release or not.

      So whatever. But they exist. So hunt them down!!!

      Bye :P
      --
      (dj) arizona
      davin greenwell
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
        > Then all of a sudden (at 10:31) this thing squeaks at you!!!
        >
        > Completely off beat!! Not by by much.... but enough for a musically
        trained ear
        > like myself!!!

        I don't think I could disagree with you more!!

        It's off beat, but it's meant to be.
        I've also got a musically trained ear - I used to be a private music
        teacher and have played in many symphony (no pun intended) orchestras.

        The sound is kinda like a little kiddy going "uh ohh".

        I like it!

        Ally
      • me92sc@surrey.ac.uk
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
          I have just been going through my Hybrid collection of Remixes etc and have
          just listened to Symphony...

          Does anyone agree on the fact that the riff that kicks in towards the end of
          the track is so annoying!!!

          If you don't know the one I mean listen to the version off Northern
          Exposure (East coast), I assume most people would have this version??

          Forward it to about 10:15..... and play it.

          You are just getting the final climax of all the samples, beats, everything!!

          NICE???

          Then all of a sudden (at 10:31) this thing squeaks at you!!!

          Completely off beat!! Not by by much.... but enough for a musically trained ear
          like myself!!! Its so off putting... instead of getting into the swing of the
          final climaxes......you find yourself wincing everytime this sample is played!!

          Why did they include this?? If they had to, couldn't they get it queued
          properly!!

          Anyone agree.....or am I going mad???

          Simon

          This message was sent using UNIS MailSystem.
        • ally@hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 14, 2003
            Vinnie's 'claim' about Hybrid's stealing parts of Symphony from a
            Mario Brothers track was very amusing for us all....but I thought
            some of you might want a bit of info about the real origins of the
            track.

            It actually came from an old classical piece (nameless, as
            yet). As publishing rights go into public domain after 50 years (or at
            least did then), there were no legal issues....hmmm...unless the
            Mario Brothers wrote the classical peice and use anti-ageing creams
            a lot :-)

            Ally
          • vinnie970
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 14, 2003
              Once again you twist my words into your own fantastical meaning. I
              simply want to know the name of this piece you're alluding to...how
              convenient it was for Hybrid to get around the copyright issue.

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally@h..." <ally@h...> wrote:
              > Vinnie's 'claim' about Hybrid's stealing parts of Symphony from a
              > Mario Brothers track was very amusing for us all....but I thought
              > some of you might want a bit of info about the real origins of the
              > track.
              >
              > It actually came from an old classical piece (nameless, as
              > yet). As publishing rights go into public domain after 50 years (or at
              > least did then), there were no legal issues....hmmm...unless the
              > Mario Brothers wrote the classical peice and use anti-ageing creams
              > a lot :-)
              >
              > Ally
            • David Nichols
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
                I don't know if anyone else has noticed but at
                www.distinctiverecords.com you can now get:

                Symphony DP22 12" @ £3.99

                "Due to massive pressure worldwide, Distint'ive Breaks re-release the
                acclaimed Hybrid track 'Symphony' containing the original 1996 mixes!"

                01 Original Mix
                02 Sure Is Pure Mix

                Cheers
                David
              • ally@hybrid-group.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
                  Speaking of my favourite track of all time...

                  I listened to the Gorecki symphony that this takes parts of. It's
                  absolutely beautiful. Very spooky listening to it.

                  While it's a bit daft to compare a classical piece to today's music...the Gorecki piece is very lovely, but Mike has done so much more with it.

                  Ally