RE: [Hybrid] So Pure

  • Andrew J Cowell
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2000
      But it doesn't say it is the So Pure remix?? At least not the auction
      that someone mentioned before, it was the Your House remix.

    • Jitesh Mistry
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 19, 2000
        Right then, this is the reply of Distinctive Records:
        Jitesh,
        Unfortunatly Alanis Morrisette is not a fan of electronic music and has not given
        us permission to use 'So Pure' on the remix album.

        Damn Maverick records!
        I wish I could sue them for this travisty in the law of music!

        Later,
        Jitesh
      • Gavin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 11, 2001
          Hi all!

          I can confirm that the Hybrid remix 2CD promo has "So Pure" on it.

          Will it be on the final release? I'll stick my neck out and say yes.

          So there ya go!!!! :)

          Cheers,
          Gavin Stok

          http://www.b-t.org.uk/
          (includes large Hybrid discog)

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Gavin
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 5 1:28 AM
            Guys,

            Logically the (elusive) promo only "Remix and Additional Production By"
            has the cleanest sounding version of "So Pure". It has the entire track
            on it, unmixed. I can only assume that Hybrid handed over the master to
            Distinctive for the original double CD idea for the album.

            Since it's promo only, however, the CDRs it came on may not have been
            mastered. Still sounds pretty clear to me.

            Cheers,
            Gavin Stok

            http://www.b-t.org.uk/
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 6 8:41 AM
              And allow me, the human leech, to say that I will pay a handsome sum
              of cash money for a CDR copy of that blasted 2CD promo of Remix &
              Additional Prod! Isn't there some Distinctive employee with arguable
              morals on the list willing to endanger their job so I can further
              spoil myself?

              *sigh*
              Mike "being a completist sucks" Henderson

              --- In HybridUK@y..., Gavin <gstok@y...> wrote:
              > Guys,
              >
              > Logically the (elusive) promo only "Remix and Additional Production
              By"
              > has the cleanest sounding version of "So Pure". It has the entire
              track
              > on it, unmixed. I can only assume that Hybrid handed over the
              master to
              > Distinctive for the original double CD idea for the album.
              >
              > Since it's promo only, however, the CDRs it came on may not have
              been
              > mastered. Still sounds pretty clear to me.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Gavin Stok
              >
              > http://www.b-t.org.uk/
            • Mike
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 6 8:43 AM
                This is particularly sad because there are two mixes that caused me
                to go seek out Hybrid records in the first place:

                1) Filter - Take a Picture. I bought this single for the
                (embarassingly enough) Club 69 mixes, and the Hybrid mix put the rest
                of the mixes in the dust. I thought "I wonder if Hybrid is a real
                band?" (keep in mind I'm a sheltered Yank)

                2) A Morisette - So Pure. After hearing Take a Picture, I leeched the
                Hybrid Ministry set off Napster and wept openly as I listened to the
                So Pure mix openeing that set.

                Mike

                --- In HybridUK@y..., Gavin <gstok@y...> wrote:
                > Guys,
                >
                > Logically the (elusive) promo only "Remix and Additional Production
                By"
                > has the cleanest sounding version of "So Pure". It has the entire
                track
                > on it, unmixed. I can only assume that Hybrid handed over the
                master to
                > Distinctive for the original double CD idea for the album.
                >
                > Since it's promo only, however, the CDRs it came on may not have
                been
                > mastered. Still sounds pretty clear to me.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Gavin Stok
                >
                > http://www.b-t.org.uk/
              • dishingpump3
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 29, 2004
                  I was just reading the NOT BY HYBRID section on the website. The mix of So Pure by
                  Alanis is not theirs???

                  I had for the longest time believed that it was. Can someone explain to me the story
                  behind the remix (who's it is, if possible), and the origin of Accelerator?

                  I had also thought that Hybrid had trouble releasing this remix, because of her dislike in
                  dance music. Was this track never heard then?

                  Sorry, I'm so confused. Any help would be appreciated.
                • Thomas Touzimsky
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 30, 2004
                    > I was just reading the NOT BY HYBRID section on the website.
                    > The mix of So Pure by Alanis is not theirs???

                    I think this only applies to the "impurity mix", since the normal
                    version is still listed in the remix section.

                    ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                    A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind
                    and will not change the subject.
                  • Drew Ressler
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 30, 2004
                      Correct, there was the real Hybrid mix and another different bootleg mix called the Impurity one, which was not done by Hybrid.

                      Drew

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 30, 2004
                        Ahh, I see. Nice to know. I've always loved this mix, and it almost broke my heart to think
                        it wasn't theirs!

                        I've got one remix, and it's 8:25 long. It sounds basically like Accelerator with So Pure
                        vocals. I'm guessing I have the right remix. Would I know if I have the (fake) Impurity one
                        just by hearing it? Is it really different?

                        Just making sure I've got the real Hybrid one. BTW, thanks so much for everyone's help.
                        I'm relieved!
                      • djjayu
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
                          Yeah, the real Hybrid mix is basically their 'jaded little pill'
                          track from 'Remix and additional production by...) but with Alanis'
                          vocals over it, just so you know if you get the right one or not...

                          - James