Re: [Hybrid] OT: Apple acquires Emagic

  • oddball
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
      My sentiments exactly. I can see a lot of people moving over to Logic. Hybrid use Logic and say it's a better product anyhow.

      [[[ Jason says: I'm not sure I understand your response. emagic makes logic. logic will no longer be supported pc users after sept 30th. jd is saying he thinks people will move over to cubase or some other pc supported app, and AWAY from logic, which will only be supported on apple os now. ]]]

      At 10:53 02/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
      >jfransella@... writes:
      >
      >> Here's something I thought might be of interest to some of the
      >> producers and would be producers that frequent the list.
      >
      >i think its one of the worst moves apple could make.. seeing as 45% of
      >emagics buisness is from pc users.. and the fact that they wont support pc
      >users after spet 30th.. especially since they just released 5.0 bundled with
      >hardware.. that was well over 1000 bux...
      >
      >out of spite it will be a huge f&^k you... and people will rebel... the ony
      >other logical choice will be cubase sx.. so steinberg must be loving apples
      >retardedness on this move
      >
      >friggin wackintosh.. what a bunch of boneheads
      >
      >jd
    • oddball
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
        I think I am confused. I thought Logic was made by someone else? Brain fried as usual.

        [[[ Jason says: ah, ok. well, already gone and sent the other post with comments, oops ;P ]]]
      • oddball
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
          Ignore my previous posts. Talking out my arse again as usual. Sorry for the confusion. Guess Cubase will get a boost :) I'm right on it now aren't I? :P
        • kiss the sun and walk on air
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
            On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:25:50AM -0000, propellerheadcase wrote:
            > Given that Bill Gates/Microsoft has had a "strategic alliance" with
            > Apple for going on 2 years now is it really that surprising? Bill
            > effectively bailed Apple out a little while back (I can't remember
            > the specifics).

            And the "bailout" was closely timed with Microsoft paying Apple for
            violation some of their Quicktime patents. Maybe the "bailout" was
            pure spin :)
            -pete

            --
            (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://fotap.org/~osi
            jabber/ osi@... - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
                >From: "propellerheadcase" <propellerheadcase@...>
                >
                >I wonder what this means, probably that Microsoft will get access to
                >the code for the PC version and come out with it's own variant that
                >will plug into existing users' set-ups, at a cost - wait and see ;-)
                >
                >Alan 'Conspiracy Theories R Me' Duval

                I think Microsoft already has its foot in the door at Cakewalk, the first
                major company to use the DXi standard. It'll be interesting to see how DXi
                grows and competes, as it is a PC-only platform that is picking up support
                from some major companies, i.e. Native Instruments. Time will tell... you
                might be right about Microsoft, although I somewhat hate the thought of them
                mingling too much in the music business.

                Mark
              • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002
                  oddball@... writes:

                  > jd is saying he thinks people will move over to cubase or some other pc
                  > supported app, and AWAY from logic, which will only be supported on apple
                  > os now.

                  im saying i wont be forced over to mac.. and im saying.. the po' folks like
                  myself that use logic for the PC... instead of going out andbuying a
                  mexintosh.. will get a copy of cubase essex instead
                • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2002

                    ewww... i sure hope that doesnt happen