OT: Apple acquires Emagic

  • jfransella
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Here's something I thought might be of interest to some of the
      producers and would be producers that frequent the list. Apple has
      acquired Emagic, makers of "logic audio" among other products... here
      are some snipets straight from emagic's website, http://www.emagic.de/

      Apple Acquires Emagic
      July 1st 2002

      CUPERTINO, California and HAMBURG, Germany -- July 1, 2002 --
      Apple today announced it has acquired Emagic, a leading provider of
      professional software solutions for computer based music production.
      Emagic's most popular product, Logic, is actively used by over
      200,000 musicians around the world. Emagic will operate as a wholly
      owned division of Apple.

      <snip>

      Macintosh-based products account for over 65 percent of Emagic's
      current revenues. Emagic's Windows-based product offerings will be
      discontinued on September 30, 2002.

      <snip>

      Jason Fransella
    • oddball
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
        Personally I think this is bad. Steinberg Cubase products were aimed at mostly Mac users but also they did keep the Windows side of things pretty up to date. I'd hate to see Apple letting Windows support for Steinberg products fall behind just because they are the Mac people.