RE: [Hybrid] Fabric, last night..

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 2:07 AM
      Fabric last Friday - superb.

      Well, everything was superb apart from Howie B (sounded promising from
      the start when he played PMT's Gyromancer, but then he started messing
      around with his keyboard over the top of it...leave it!!! Then things
      went from bad to worse - with a v. dull set which contained probably
      about 2 notes of music that Howie B just played around with - made for
      very uncomfortable listening. By the end of his set it looked (from what
      I could see through the dense fog of dry ice!) that virtually no one was
      dancing...

      ...then the Plumps came and rescued us all with some trademark bouncy
      breaks, getting us all dancing again. (hurray!) (Highlight - their mix
      of Orbital's 'Funny Break (One is Enough)'...

      ....THEN Mike and Chris came on...Woooo...AWESOME set with some lovely
      new tunes including what sounded like a few new Hybrid ones (lost for
      words as they were amazing and had me dancing like mad!) and Sasha's
      'Wavey Gravy'(real shiver down the spine stuff). Nearing the end of the
      set they played some amazing tracks such as their mix of Café Del Mar
      and Clubbed to Death which got a great response...

      Nice to meet some of you lot off the list there...both new and familiar
      faces

      Cheers

      :)

      Nick
    • Chilvers, Simon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 6:29 AM
        All,

        I'm gutted I missed out on the end of the set!!!

        My mate who drove us up there... Felt really tired about an hour into the
        Hybrid set and wanted to go!!

        Ally texted me the day after and told me what a good set it was..... I
        promptly went round his house that afternoon and gave him a good ear
        bashing!!

        He's really into Hybrid... He's got the gatecrasher set and knows the tune
        that was played at the end and could only apolagise!!

        Apart from the leaving early bit it was a good night!!!

        Ali B was wicked... We got in earlyish and sat listening to him... (Anyone
        else who was there early will know why we didn't dance... To cut a long
        story short there was this freakish looking girl in the middle of the dance
        floor just standing there swaying to and fro obviously tripping off her
        nuts!)

        The beginning of his set was really nice and chilled, he dropped a few Layo
        and Bushwacka tracks... Let the good times roll Chapter One etc towards the
        end it got more progressive and beaty!! Really good set leading up to what I
        thought was going to be an interesting live set from Howie B.... I'd heard
        of him but never seen him DJ or play Live!!

        I'll be certain never to see him again!!

        What made it really funny was the huge cheer from the crowd when the plumps
        started!!!

        Their set was immense!!! Highlights were their remix of orbital's Funny
        Break, a Donna Summers remix (Which I heard them also play at Homelands!) (I
        think it's the danny howells remix for those interested??) and Scram at the
        very end!!

        Chris opened on his own to begin with With Sasha's "Wavey Gravy" (which
        reminds me... Anyone know the release date of Airdrawndagger???) then one of
        my favs Papua new guinea...... This was the highllight of the evening for me
        because at this point the dry ice machine broke and the room cleared.... You
        could see the crowd going absolutely nuts!! Especially from the vantage
        point that we had!! Then a bloke came round fixed it and they flooded the
        place worse than ever compensating for the few minutes that it was broken!!!

        There were a couple of other tracks that were good but I don't remember
        because it was this point that my mate anounced that he wanted to go within
        the next half hour... And the rest of the evening was spent trying to
        persuade him to stay!!

        Which ultimately didn't work!!

        DOH!!

        Nice to meet Ally and a few other guys!!

        See Ya next time! (whenever that'll be??)

        Simon Chilvers

        (who will now drive himself to every Hybrid gig!!)