Hybrid Studio Mix at Radio One

  • Graeme
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      You know the Hybrid - Studio Mix at Radio 1 (Promo) 2000?
      All the ones floating around are plagued with skips and glitches.
      Well, what I did was convert the file to a wav, fix the problems
      using my sound editing software, and then re-encode as 320kbps
      hq LAME to preserve as much detail as possible.

      Most of the glitches were actually gaps in the file, so for many
      of them it was simply a case of deleting hundreths of a second
      worth of silence. For a few other skips and glitches, I pasted little
      parts of the tracks from the original unmixed copies.

      Took a good few hours in all, but I think it was worth the effort.
      I think I've made a good job of it; I've listened very carefully
      and it's a big improvement IMO :-)
      It's on hybrid.recoil.org for those who are interested; see at
      the bottom of the page - it's the 137mb file with the "-fix"
      suffix.

      -Graeme
    • c_chilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2002
        Great work!!!

        Truely appriciated,

        Chuck

        > Took a good few hours in all, but I think it was worth the effort.
        > I think I've made a good job of it; I've listened very carefully
        > and it's a big improvement IMO :-)
        > It's on hybrid.recoil.org for those who are interested; see at
        > the bottom of the page - it's the 137mb file with the "-fix"
        > suffix.
        >
        > -Graeme
      • neilmurphy_uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2002
          I've tried the hybrid.recoil.org link as every possible permutation
          in the address bar of of Internet Explorer and it still won't bloody
          work!

          can anyone help me and either post or mail me a link

          cheers

          Neil