Re: [HybridUK] Looking For

  • Oddball
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
      I have both MOS and Spundae in MP3 format only. Both are 128k bitrate. I
      did have a 160k Spundae but the quality was worse than the 128k version. I
      also have Grooveradio's mix in ASF format plus I have ultra long radio JJJ
      mixup session, the Galaxy mix CD and a mix of Hybrid's material that
      includes So Pure but it is not known if Hybrid mixed it or not.

      I would love to have the Groovetech sessions but the quality really sucks
      and you are unable to download them as they are in crummy Realplayer format.

      I'm not sure how folks feel about having MP3's etc of mix sessions as
      opposed to stand alone tracks. Maybe Distinctive etc could comment and ease
      my conscience somewhat ;)

      At 19:39 01/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:

      >I'm looking for a good copy of the MOS Hybrid show. I've seen it on Napster
      >but haven't had the chance to grab it. I'd prefer just to trade with someone
      >who has a good copy. And if anyone has a non-mp3 sourced copy that would be
      >at the top of my list.
      >
      >Also..does anyone have the Hybrid Spundae Anniversary Show from Radio 1?
      >
      >Caleb

      >http://profiles.msn.com

      > USEFUL LINKS
      >
      >Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound
      >and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
      >http://www.distinctiverecords.com
      >
      >Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
      >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
      >
      >Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
      >http://www.breaksworld.com/
    • Jonathan Kim-Reuter
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
        Hey all, just a recording tip, one I used to nab both the Groovetech
        and a 1015 Folsom show. To record Real Player streams, get ahold of a
        good sound program, like Soundforge, Wavelab, CoolEdit...I use
        Soundforge. These programs allow you to record sound that is being
        inputted to your computer, through your soundcard. There are some
        programs that allow you to record real audio streams as real
        audio streams, but I found using Soundforge is much easier and
        probably gives you the same quality.

        All you have to do is (1) trip over to Groovetech's site, (2)start one
        of the sound programs you are using to record, and then (3)activate
        the hypertext link to the mix show you want. The Real Audio
        file will play through your speakers and record at the same
        time. Voila, you will finish with a copy of the real audio file in a
        .wav format. If the connection stalls or interrupts during the
        playback, just keep the recorder going (especially a problem on
        slower modem connections like mine). When you get done recording the
        mix, just go back and cut out the interruption and join back together
        the two (or more) halves that were separated by/during the
        interruption.

        This does not, however, get to the real problem...the low bitrate
        encoding of the real audio file in the first place. But beggars can't
        be choosers...and the Groovetech Hybrid show is a stomper!

        It seems quite technical, but if you are at all facile with one of the
        numerous sound/wav editing programs out there, it is really very easy.

        Thus real audio becomes .wav. I do not know if there is anything
        special about how real audio encodes their files, such that there
        would be a sound loss in doing what I have done...

        Hope this helps...

        Jonathan

        p.s. hey oddball, drop me a line when you get the chance.

      • paradox@erols.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
          There's also XFileGet and Ra2Wav, if you can get your hands on them.
          The former can download a RA stream (though I seem to remember it
          having issues with Groovetech), and the latter converts it to a wav
          file for burning. Got some great stuff from Astralwerks that way. I
          purchased both programs before they got discontinued.

          btw, Hello everyone. I'm Paul.