Looking For

  • Caleb M. Bacon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
      I'm looking for a good copy of the MOS Hybrid show. I've seen it on Napster
      but haven't had the chance to grab it. I'd prefer just to trade with someone
      who has a good copy. And if anyone has a non-mp3 sourced copy that would be
      at the top of my list.

      Also..does anyone have the Hybrid Spundae Anniversary Show from Radio 1?

      Caleb

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Oddball
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
        I have both MOS and Spundae in MP3 format only. Both are 128k bitrate. I
        did have a 160k Spundae but the quality was worse than the 128k version. I
        also have Grooveradio's mix in ASF format plus I have ultra long radio JJJ
        mixup session, the Galaxy mix CD and a mix of Hybrid's material that
        includes So Pure but it is not known if Hybrid mixed it or not.

        I would love to have the Groovetech sessions but the quality really sucks
        and you are unable to download them as they are in crummy Realplayer format.

        I'm not sure how folks feel about having MP3's etc of mix sessions as
        opposed to stand alone tracks. Maybe Distinctive etc could comment and ease
        my conscience somewhat ;)

        At 19:39 01/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:

        >I'm looking for a good copy of the MOS Hybrid show. I've seen it on Napster
        >but haven't had the chance to grab it. I'd prefer just to trade with someone
        >who has a good copy. And if anyone has a non-mp3 sourced copy that would be
        >at the top of my list.
        >
        >Also..does anyone have the Hybrid Spundae Anniversary Show from Radio 1?
        >
        >Caleb

        >http://profiles.msn.com

        > USEFUL LINKS
        >
        >Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound
        >and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
        >http://www.distinctiverecords.com
        >
        >Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
        >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
        >
        >Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
        >http://www.breaksworld.com/
      • Jonathan Kim-Reuter
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
          Hey all, just a recording tip, one I used to nab both the Groovetech
          and a 1015 Folsom show. To record Real Player streams, get ahold of a
          good sound program, like Soundforge, Wavelab, CoolEdit...I use
          Soundforge. These programs allow you to record sound that is being
          inputted to your computer, through your soundcard. There are some
          programs that allow you to record real audio streams as real
          audio streams, but I found using Soundforge is much easier and
          probably gives you the same quality.

          All you have to do is (1) trip over to Groovetech's site, (2)start one
          of the sound programs you are using to record, and then (3)activate
          the hypertext link to the mix show you want. The Real Audio
          file will play through your speakers and record at the same
          time. Voila, you will finish with a copy of the real audio file in a
          .wav format. If the connection stalls or interrupts during the
          playback, just keep the recorder going (especially a problem on
          slower modem connections like mine). When you get done recording the
          mix, just go back and cut out the interruption and join back together
          the two (or more) halves that were separated by/during the
          interruption.

          This does not, however, get to the real problem...the low bitrate
          encoding of the real audio file in the first place. But beggars can't
          be choosers...and the Groovetech Hybrid show is a stomper!

          It seems quite technical, but if you are at all facile with one of the
          numerous sound/wav editing programs out there, it is really very easy.

          Thus real audio becomes .wav. I do not know if there is anything
          special about how real audio encodes their files, such that there
          would be a sound loss in doing what I have done...

          Hope this helps...

          Jonathan

          p.s. hey oddball, drop me a line when you get the chance.

        • paradox@erols.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
            There's also XFileGet and Ra2Wav, if you can get your hands on them.
            The former can download a RA stream (though I seem to remember it
            having issues with Groovetech), and the latter converts it to a wav
            file for burning. Got some great stuff from Astralwerks that way. I
            purchased both programs before they got discontinued.

            btw, Hello everyone. I'm Paul.