Re: [Hybrid] Sunday Challenge

  • Adam Garner
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
      garbage - when i grow up? there's a sasha remix... not heard it in ages
      though so my mind might be way off

      shirley manson doesn't sound like the singer on if i survive though, well, i
      don't reckon so anyway...

      /adam

      (not being very helpful)

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
        > I got an e-mail from someone needing help locating a Hybrid track. It's on
        > the tip of my tongue...but I can't quite get to it...probably because I've
        > had the Stanton Warriors on for most of the day!
        >
        > "dear sir, i really need your help, i have been looking for the remix
        artist
        > for the song "when i grow up" after trying to call up the radio station
        > numours times, they finnally said it might be "hybrid" at the begining of
        > the song, its really like an orchstra type of keyboard thats being used.
        its
        > a female artist that sings.. the other reason i think its hybrid is
        because
        > after listing to the song "if i survive" that female artist sounds
        identical
        > to the one who sings "when i grow up" please tell me you can assist me on
        > this one.. thank you,"

        I know there's a bootleg with an acapella of 'When I Grow Up' by Garbage
        over the top of 'Xpander' by Sasha, I'd imagine that's what he's after.
      • Matthew Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
          Is he talking about one of the remixes/bootlegs of "When I Grow Up" by
          Garbage? Maybe the Danny Tenaglia mix or the bootleg with the vox layered
          over expander?

          --Matthew Craig
        • sQuirrel
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
            It could be Garbage vs Sasha - When I Grow Up/Xpander (White Label)

            ..::sQuirrel::..
          • Owain
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2002
              I thought it was an orchestra type keyboard? While xpander has that tracney
              synth type thingermajigger? Oh well

            • a.smith4@btinternet.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 8, 2002
                > from: Adam Garner <ads@...>
                > date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 00:56:08
                > to: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                > subject: Re: [Hybrid] Sunday Challenge
                <SNIP>
                > [[[ Jason says: big ups to the Stanton Warriors Massive... respect...
                > ok, I've admit it, I've been watching too much ali g. ;P ]]]

                The irony being the Stantons are so far removed from that side of 2 Step it's unreal?