Re: Various

  • Gavin
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
      Couple of things:

      1. The Rob D Hybrid Mix was found on an MP3 site, so it's not
      necessarily out commercially. In fact last I heard it was due (vinyl
      only) on April 28 in the UK. Often MP3 sites get things before the
      world does.

      2. "Bloody bloke" is Australian as it gets, so they were probably
      trying to put on an Aussie accent at the same time.

      3. I should be at Fabric this time around!

      Cheers,
      Gavin Stok

      http://hybridmusic.org.uk/

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • Kevin Colber
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 12, 2002
        Ok, about that Nu-Skool track...thats the easy way to make the "waa-waa"
        basslines...low maintenence ;)

        and....thanks for posting the list of hybrid on Ebay...I scored the Datura
        "Mystic Motion" remixes for about $8 american......a steal! I love that
        track!

        und den: What boards do you all frequent? I check out NuBreaks pretty
        frequently....I lurk around on dancebbs.....what other Breaks Boards are out
        there (ones with good production forums are most appreciated)

        y: Off topic....but.....gotta say to mr Burufunk that the remix of Shadow is
        sick sick sick......in the past year or so your releases have gone on to my
        "do not miss no matter what" list.

        PEACE!
      • Alan Duval <propellerheadcase@hotmail.co
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 12, 2002
          zie Moccona: My usuals are www.NuSkoolBreaks.com & www.BreaksWorld.com

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 13, 2002
            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Duval
            <propellerheadcase@h...>" <propellerheadcase@h...> wrote:
            zie Moccona: My usuals are www.NuSkoolBreaks.com & www.BreaksWorld.com

            Sorry, www.NuSkoolBreaks.co.uk
          • Gavin
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2, 2003
              1. Speaking as a photography student, the Fabric photographer didn't do
              a good job. He/she needs to learn how to use the cam properly, get off
              the drugs, or at least learn the importance of shutter speed. Nick you
              may wanna be careful about big noting photographs if you're trying to
              build a (good) reputation ;)

              2. Did someone from here buy that 7 track Distinctive promo from 1996
              which sold on eBay for $60? If so share the love - plenty of people on
              here would love a copy! :)

              3. Ally, any word on international release schedule for the new album?

              Cheers,
              Gavin Stok
            • Nick Bower
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                >1. Speaking as a photography student, the Fabric photographer didn't do
                a good job. He/she needs to learn how to use the >cam properly, get off
                the drugs, or at least learn the importance of shutter speed. Nick you
                may wanna be careful about
                >big noting photographs if you're trying to build a (good) reputation ;)

                I'm not really that worried to be honest Gav. I'm sure Kalev Erickson
                (the photgrapher) does what he does to the best of his abilities and I
                do the same.

                :)

                Nick
              • RICHARD LUND
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                  Also does anyone know how many releases there will be??

                  Like with the example of Wide Angle. I own 3 different versions of the cd..

                  An American release. kinda shorter tracks and it didn't have all the tracks (ie: Fatal Beating)

                  A Japanese release (AVEX) full length versions of all the songs. with a bonus 2nd disc of live material (not the same as LIVE ANGLE)

                  And then there was Wider Angle with the bonus disc (LIVE ANGLE) with the live material..

                  So anyone have any ideas on the new album .

                  Will we have 3 or 4 different versions again??..

                  Maybe 1 version with a different tracklisting?? or edits again??..

                  Is there going to be a vinyl release of the album & will it contain all the tracks??..

                  I know this is very premature and probably noone can answer these questions but I figured Id throw them out there.

                  The collector needs all his versions .

                  Rick

                  > 3. Ally, any word on international release schedule for the new album?
                  >
                  > Gavin Stok
                • Antti Mutta
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                    Japanese version is quite surely in the pipeline. It's the industry
                    standard, because Japanese people rather buy otherwise imports if they are
                    not given something extra in the domestic release. This is only a hunch, not
                    something I've heard from a reliable source, but I'd be surprised if there
                    wasn't at least a bonus track on the Japanese edition.

                    -antti

                    PS. Richard, can you make your posts without the extra blank lines in
                    between of every text line? Not a biggie, but just asking..

                    > Also does anyone know how many releases there will be??
                    > Like with the example of Wide Angle. I own 3 different versions of the
                    cd..
                    > An American release. kinda shorter tracks and it didn't have all the
                    tracks (ie: Fatal Beating)
                    > A Japanese release (AVEX) full length versions of all the songs. with a
                    bonus 2nd disc of live material (not the same as LIVE ANGLE)
                    > And then there was Wider Angle with the bonus disc (LIVE ANGLE) with the
                    live material..
                  • Owain Griffiths
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                      From: "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@...>

                      > PS. Richard, can you make your posts without the extra blank lines in
                      > between of every text line? Not a biggie, but just asking..

                      I quite like them! At least you know straight aways its Rick ;)

                      [[[ Jason says: I find them rather bothering myself :P ]]]
                    • Drew Ressler
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                        > > A Japanese release (AVEX) full length versions of all the
                        > songs. with a

                        They are mixed and are not full length. The only way to get them full length is the 9 track promo. Except for If I Survive, that's
                        on the single. The full "Theme From Wide Angle" is vinyl only too, until Distinctive makes a maxi.

                        --Rukes
                      • RICHARD LUND
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                          My bad.
                          Force of habit.
                          Looks all crowded like this..
                          But I can try.

                          Rick

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                            Very true..
                            But to the average listener it doesn't really sound mixed.
                            I guess Ill have to take an extra listen.
                            Or if you have the 12" version of Wide Angle you get 'most' of the tracks in there full length..

                            Rick
                            They are mixed and are not full length. The only way to get them full length is the 9 track promo. Except for If I Survive, that's
                            on the single. The full "Theme From Wide Angle" is vinyl only too, until Distinctive makes a maxi.

                            --Rukes
                          • oddball
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 2, 2003
                              At 20:36 02/05/2003 +1000, you wrote:
                              >1. Speaking as a photography student, the Fabric photographer didn't do
                              >a good job. He/she needs to learn how to use the cam properly, get off
                              >the drugs, or at least learn the importance of shutter speed. Nick you
                              >may wanna be careful about big noting photographs if you're trying to
                              >build a (good) reputation ;)

                              Yeah I had better pics from my crappy 80 quid digicam hehe. Well apart from
                              peoples heads being chopped off that is ;)

                              I particularly liked my shot of Mike with a big yellow beam of light
                              exploding from his head. Way cool! ;)