your favourite Hybrid moment(s)?

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 2:45 AM
      There are couple of really good reasons why I like Hybrid so much. There's a lot of acts and artists who are good in my book, but the thing why Hybrid has it's own special place in my heart is because of a few beautiful moments I've had with their music. Here's the top three:

      1) Hybrid playing a BLINDING DJ set at Labyrinth last year in Helsinki. My jaw dropped when they mixed in Madonna's Music a cappella on top of Adam Beyer's super tech-house and I wept when I heard Hybrid's remix of that U2 tune. Just awesome.
      2) My first taste of Hybrid via a mp3 set of their famous Ministry Of Sound live. I used to listen to this set when I studied to my finals two years ago :) The Morissette remixes just blew my mind, and still do!
      3) Me, spinning Hybrid's remix of Gouryella's Walhalla at my friend's place on the new year's eve 2000 an hour before it hit midnight. People were totally flipping it when the tune hits the last part. After that we left for the capital to see a traditional Hana-Bi fireworks. Perfect new year's eve.

      -antti