RE: [Hybrid] Red Velvet last night...

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
      You lucky boy Richard! I would love to meet Brian in person...he's my
      ultimate musical hero. I think I'd be lost for words though!

      Cheers

      Nick

      >Well by then it
      >was time for Hybrid to start there set...So I proceded to sit there and
      >watch...To my dismay a guy with short hair and a leather jacket sat down
      >at Hybrid's table and began talking to Mike...I didnt recognize him at
      >first then Mike introduced me to my other favorite musician Mr..BT....I
      >nearly died right there...Not only had I just carried on a huge
      >conversation with Mike and Chris but now I was talking to Brian
      >Transeau....The show could have stopped right then and thrown everyone
      >out...I was content...Just some info on new BT stuff....His new album
      >will be out in September / October...He's waiting for Sasha's album to
      >come out first...He made a joke as to Sasha taking 8 years to complete
      >it.....He then told me the new live tour will start around December and
      >he's working on Stings new album....What a night!!!....He ran up to the
      >DJ booth and even played a couple of songs....He told me he was going
      >up there to get in Mike and Chris's way , knock over some records ,
      >bump the needle with his elbow....These guys are great...I couldnt
      >really give you a good track listing from the night considering I was
      >too involved in meeting and talking to everyone all night...
    • Adam Garner
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        > The last time I saw them they called my friend a 'bloody bloke' ...I didnt
        wanna be thrust into this catagory....So back to my story...

        incidentally, the term 'bloody bloke' comes from that stalwart of british
        comedies 'I'm Alan Partridge'... it's good to see Chris and Mike have good
        taste in TV too...

        It was likely to be meant in an endearing, possibly slightly ironic way...
        as I have a tend to have a habit of doing...