Re: [Hybrid] Remixes, remixes, remixes... & Symphony

  • Phil Stewart
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 26, 2002
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "olic660" <olivercollett@...>
      > I know So Pure came out on a
      > bootie with some other tracks on it, including FSOL, and sounded v
      > poor, and also on a vvvv rare white label, with forgive me, or am i
      > wrong???

      To my knowledge, it is suspected that any Forgive Me / So Pure WLs are all
      acetates, or at best cut vinyl.

      > Lastly, i own a double promo copy of "finished" symphony. It is defo
      > a promo, with 4 diff mixes on it. However, i have often seen copies
      > of a promo with "Theme from wide angle" on the flip. Was there 3
      > promos or sumthin????

      Indeed there are. Promo 1 has Theme From Wide Angle on it. Promo 2 has
      Echoplex and Soundtrack mixes, promo 3 has Echoplex and Extended edits. That
      is assuming I haven't got promos 2 & 3 mixed up.

      --
      From Phil
      Still after promo 1 ;-)
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26, 2002
        Its alright we all have to start asking at some point...

        Alanis Morrisette - So Pure is on a white label of its own not the Sasha Expander white label

        as a matter of fact my Sasha - Expander is only a one-sided white label...Its on a white label 12"

        with Way Out West - Intensify and FSOL - Papau New Guinea...and i Believe back on the list a while ago

        someone said it was on Remix and Additional Production some promo copy...maybe Im wrong here...

        Secondly you dont want to pay THAT MUCH for the repress of Symphony maybe the original but the original will have 4 (or is it 5) mixes of Symphony on it...The repress is pretty easy to find nowadays keep looking...and as for the
        Finished Symphony question...I have absolutely no idea....

        Rick

        "D'oh"

        Ive been watching too much Simpsons lately
      • propellerheadcase
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
          So, how close to zer0 are my chances of getting a legitimate copy of
          the 'Echoplex Mix' of 'Finished Symphony' on CD?

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
              You know the Echoplex mix of Finished Symphony was on the Australian
              single release... dunno how much that helps, but if a desert boy from
              the middle of nowhere New Mexico managed to get a copy I'm certain some
              of you UK'ers could easily find it.

              Dan
            • Drew Ressler
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
                Its pretty easy to get a copy of it.

                It's on the If I Survive UK promo, the AU and the Asia versions of the If I Survive single. The UK released one just has the radio
                edit.

                Speaking of which, just earching on Ebay, brings up the promo CD single:

                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=852784863

                --Rukes

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
                  I don't s'pose there's any chance you could magically become an A&R
                  type at Distinct'ive in the next month or so?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
                    Speaking as a New Zealander who is as close to Australia as one can
                    get (without having to put up with the awful beers) all of the
                    Australian stores that I've dealt with haven't seen that in 6 months
                    or so, and the only Avex single that seems to go up on eBay is IIS :-(

                    --- In HybridUK@y..., Daniel Craig <dcraig@n...> wrote:
                    > You know the Echoplex mix of Finished Symphony was on the Australian
                    > single release... dunno how much that helps, but if a desert boy
                    from
                    > the middle of nowhere New Mexico managed to get a copy I'm certain
                    some
                    > of you UK'ers could easily find it.
                    >
                    > Dan
                  • olic660
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
                      Well, i found alot of represses in ebay US, goin for bout $10 each!
                      LOL!

                      They apparently have the sure is pure and original, doesnt say if the
                      original breakbeat mix or what, but i presume so. I was confused tho
                      coz on Northern Exposure the mix is 12 mins, and im sure it isnt 12
                      mins on my copy of the Original pressing.

                      £50, what a fool! some people are so stupid on ebay. I have seen
                      copies of those fire 999 pressings go for £30, now when u think about
                      it 1000 copies of a record is quite alot! I could go on forever
                      about ebay idiots tho.

                      Bit confused btw, just to clear up, I have Sasha - "Expander" bootleg
                      and its on a one sided pressing, and im kinda guilty about having it
                      now, i heard on the hooj board that they were being sued over it!
                      Its obviously a bootie tho coz they cant even spell xpander rite, i
                      dont see how its hybrids fault it was produced???

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
                        Erm, Echoplex mix of 'Finished Symphony', not 'IIS' - thanks anyway.

                        I have the AvexAsia single of 'IIS'