Re: [Hybrid] Re: artwork

  • Daniel Craig
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2002
      I've got to agree with Stephanie, I much prefer the less original but
      far more attractive cover of the original Wide Angle. When I first saw
      that face on Wider Angle I wondered if anybody who wasn't already a
      Hybrid fan would even bother with a cover as hideous as that.

      Dan
    • Antti Mutta
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
        It's a friggin cover only! It's the music eventually that matters ==) I agree though that the original was much more stylish, while the wide angle shot of child (some Hybrid members kid?) is nice too, not hideous at all, is a bit too plain for a cover.

        -antti

        > I've got to agree with Stephanie, I much prefer the less original but
        > far more attractive cover of the original Wide Angle. When I first saw
        > that face on Wider Angle I wondered if anybody who wasn't already a
        > Hybrid fan would even bother with a cover as hideous as that.
        >
        > Dan
      • Nick Bower
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
          I think I'd have to say - If there's a choice between the original over
          of the lads standing around with Julie in the chair - and the warped
          face cover, I'd go for the original. Of course it's a staged photograph
          and some people think it's a bit too posed and 'rock and roll' but I
          like it. I don't find the warped face ugly or that it would put people
          off (I've see FAR worse sleeves!)...I think it works well. But, yes my
          vote goes with the original .... I've got the poster for this which
          Mike, Chris, Lee and Julie all signed on the very first occasion I met
          them....

          It holds fond memories for me!

          ;)

          Nick

          >It's a friggin cover only! It's the music eventually that matters ==) I
          >agree though that the original was much more stylish, while the wide
          >angle shot of child (some Hybrid members kid?) is nice too, not hideous
          >at all, is a bit too plain for a cover.
        • pinyan
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
            i dont know if this was mentioned before,
            but the first time i saw the wide-eyed-girl cover,
            it reminded me of this old album by the band Eels, called Beautiful Freak.

            in my opinion they were very similar ideas.
          • synathome
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
              Are you sure it's a child? I think it just *looks* like a child
              because the eyes are disproportionately large. I'd be interested to
              see the original.

              My tuppenneth: I like it. But I haven't seen the original.

              x/h

              > It's a friggin cover only! It's the music eventually that matters
              =) I agree though that the original was much more stylish, while the
              wide angle shot of child (some Hybrid members kid?) is nice too, not
              hideous at all, is a bit too plain for a cover.
            • Matthew Craig
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
                I doubt its a child. Most little children don't have what appears to be a
                pierced eyebrow.

                --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
              • Ben Smith
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 9, 2002
                  > I doubt its a child. Most little children don't have what appears to be a
                  > pierced eyebrow.

                  Heh, guess you aren't from South East London
                • propellerheadcase
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 9, 2002
                    My thoughts precisely.