radio one mix / running down the way up

  • hamish@allan.tc
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2002
      Folks,

      Does anyone know whether Hybrid's Space Manoeuvres version of BT's Running Down
      the Way Up is available anywhere other than the Radio One Studio Mix they did
      (i.e., is it available standalone, not in-the-mix)?

      thanks,
      Hamish
    • gba
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 6, 2002
        nope, it's actually the following tracks layered:

        BT & Hybrid - Running Down the Way Up (Hybrid's Extended Mix)
        -and-
        Stage One - Space Manouvers (pancho dub?)

        they might have pro-tools-ed a dub of their own, but that's left to be
        seen, i do have those two tracks and they do go together pretty well.

        -xs

      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 7, 2002
          actually... technically.. they really dont go together.. they are in completly differant keys... and... ths guitars for the intro of running down the way up and vocals minus the edits are 100% differant...

          im pretty sure that there is some serious protools trickery going on... and i love it
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 7, 2002
            what's this thing about Protools ... it's just a multitracking platform.. they could've used Logic Audio / Cubase or neither one of those three as well.. I've seen and tried Protools and believe me, it doesn't perform any magic without someone who really knows the tricks..

          • tim_bolding@dell.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 7, 2002
              Do they use the software.... or just the hardware?

              >Do they use the protools software..... or just the hardware?
              >they might have pro-tools-ed a dub of their own, but that's left to be
            • Sandy Lao
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 7, 2002
                Thanks for the info gba, I've been looking for that
                track forever too and I guess it's better to know
                that's it can't be found. Damn, I wanted that track
                soooooo badly. Release it please hybrid!!!!!!!!

                Sandman

                --- gba <gba@...> wrote:
                > nope, it's actually the following tracks layered:
                >
                > BT & Hybrid - Running Down the Way Up (Hybrid's
                > Extended Mix)
                > -and-
                > Stage One - Space Manouvers (pancho dub?)
                >
                > they might have pro-tools-ed a dub of their own, but
                > that's left to be
                > seen, i do have those two tracks and they do go
                > together pretty well.
              • Ray Hilton
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 8, 2002
                  Just saw an advert for Lotus Challenge in Victoria station, my attention
                  was drawn to it by the unfamiliar sound of hybrid in a train station at
                  9am... at least I presume it was hybrid, sounded very cool...

                  Does anyone know if the hybrid tune for Lotus being released aside from
                  the game?
                • propellerheadcase
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 8, 2002
                    I've got an MP3 which is a quite cleanly lifted version of that track
                    (from the mix).

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 8, 2002
                      i cant say for absolute sure.. but by looking at their setup, and specifically the plug ins that they mention.. they have to be using the software... certain plugs that they use only work inside of protools...

                      according to my analysis... the do all their sequencin gin logic... and do th ebulk of the writing.. and record everything into an audio format, and dump it into protools.. an dthen take things a few steps further... in there
                    • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 8, 2002
                        there are specific plug ins inside of protools... and the end result is nearly unachievable in any other program that ive seen. logic is very midi intensive.. but lacking in the very advanced audio editing... this editing coul dbe achieved in another program... whether it be vegas, or cool edit even.. however... protools is as audio intensive as logic is midi intensive.. so the logical(no pun intended) choice woulkd be protools for such perfectionists as hybrid

                        i wish i had the patience to dive deep into the program

                        but i dont.. i dwell between cool edit and vegas... cool edit for my 2 track editing.. and vegas for multitracking
                      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 8, 2002
                          ive got a much better then lifted from the radio one mix...