Re: Kid 2000 video

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      On Fri 01 Mar, HybridUK@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > The faces they are pulling are rather comical....but at least they're
      > consistent!! Look at any promo picture/vid of them and you'll notice
      > the
      > 'trying-to-do-the-cool-thing-but-actually-achieving-acute-awkwardness'
      > scenario.

      'strue. In the "If I Survive" video you only get to see it for a second,
      which is as long as the illusion of coolness really lasts. Once
      you've looked at the original UK cover of "Wide Angle" for more than a
      few seconds you realise that all three of the boys have been told to
      stare at an invisible sandwich which is sat on the floor near Julie's
      feet.

      It's a shame that so many great musicians who are over 25 conclude that
      the only way to retain any credibility when you're being photographed or
      filmed is to look as if you just don't want to be there and that you'd
      rather be at home listening to Gardener's Question Time. Some others
      have found ways around it- like Norman Cook- but Hybrid have yet to find
      that natural position. You don't need to look depressed to prove that
      you're serious about music, etc.

      > They'd be better off getting a couple of sofas, plonking themselves
      > down and giving us all a big cheesy grin and the thumbs up. Cause
      > that's what they do best!!

      Unfortunately Groove Armada have already covered the sofa approach to
      band photographs, but pulling the producer pout as well of course.
      You're right, there should be more cheesy grins in music, from the
      people who make it rather than just the nutters that shove into
      everybody on the dancefloor. Mr C, for all his sins, was a larf.

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
        As did MPeople before them.

        'E's are good, E's are good, 'e's Ebeneezer Goode'