Fwd: Hybrid's US woes

  • aras
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2000
      Looks the legendary scumbag Ricardo Vinas, of Thrive Records here in the
      states, has struck again. After flushing three labels down the toilet with
      his treachery (Moonshine [first incarnation], Planet Earth, and Thrive
      [apparently now operating again]) and double-crossing everyone unfortunate
      enough to do business with him (a rather long list including Oakenfold),
      this piece of shit just filed an injunction stopping all shipments of "Wide
      Angle," Hybrid's full-length album from being delivered. He does this
      with a
      carefully timed lawsuit -- filed on the album's release date.

      Beware of this cancer on the face of electronic music. He's a smooth talker
      and it always amazes me that returns time after time to fuck up someone
      else's career. I just today found out that he just signed a new deal with
      London/Sire!!! I'm flabbergasted!

      I don't know the details but it looks like "Wide Angle" could be tied up in
      the courts for months. They almost killed him when he turned up at their
      show in San Diego. Security had to escort the weasel outta the building for
      his own safety. Remember the name: Ricardo Vinas. I'm sure the guys from
      Hybrid wish they had never met him.

      Liquid Todd
      New York City
      www.liquidtodd.com

      http://www.egroups.com/group/breakbeat/
      http://www.breaksworld.com/
    • Arfie Mansfield
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2000
        >this piece of shit just filed an injunction stopping all shipments of "Wide
        >Angle," Hybrid's full-length album from being delivered. He does this
        >with a carefully timed lawsuit -- filed on the album's release date.

        Any reason why? Or is he just doing it for the hell of it?

        --
        Arfie Mansfield -- [O Euchari, in lecto via ambulasti]

        http://arfiem.com/
        http://members.tripod.co.uk/arfiem/index2.htm (w/o javascript)
      • aras
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2000
          Reply to: RE: Fwd: Hybrid's US woes

          > Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:43:11 +0000
          > From: "Arfie Mansfield" <arfie@...>
          >Subject: Re: Fwd: Hybrid's US woes
          >
          >>this piece of shit just filed an injunction stopping all shipments of
          "Wide
          >>Angle," Hybrid's full-length album from being delivered. He does this
          >>with a carefully timed lawsuit -- filed on the album's release date.
          >
          > Any reason why? Or is he just doing it for the hell of it?

          I don't the reason for the lawsuit - but I'll try to find out.
          Aras