RE: [Hybrid] Re: Fabric last night...

  • Ray Hilton
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25, 2002
      Maybe I wasn't paying attention then :) but it wasn't like what I was
      expecting....

      Maybe I was in the wrong room....

      >Hard house ?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?
      >
      >Granted, I can't actually remember most of the set....but I can def. say
      >it sounded nothing like hard house. Go hear a hard house set, then
      >you'll see what I mean.
      >
      >Ally
    • Ray Hilton
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 25, 2002
        Ok guys, I withdraw my earlier statement :) but you know what I mean(?)

      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 25, 2002
          antti.mutta@... writes:

          > Seems like many of the people from this list who are commenting the Fabric
          > set are still a bit behind in the Hybrid sound evolution.

          yeah no kidding...

          arent u guys all over seas? i figured id be the one behind the times by
          comparison
        • ally@hybrid-group.co.uk
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 25, 2002
            As with any DJ, what they play on the night depends on where they're playing, what mood they're in etc. etc.

            I've heard their sets differ quite a bit from one month to the next. Sometimes, they're very breaky, sometimes very funky, sometime very progressive...sometimes all in one. It depends on what they think will suit the venue and the crowd.

            I like it when they play different types of sets...with the frequency I go see them, I'd be in danger of getting bored if they played the same stuff all the time.

            Ally

            >Seems like many of the people from this list who are commenting the Fabric >set are still a bit behind in the Hybrid sound evolution. As far as I know, >they're more into progressive nowadays than the uplifting trance breaks >they're most famous for. At least this is the case with their DJing sound, >who knows what surprises their new album brings!
          • Andy Kinsella
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 25, 2002
              fatboy slim gig was rammed (and star-studded beyond belief), so we left
              about 11pm, and actually made it to the guest queue at fabric. after we
              waited for 20mins and moved about an inch, we all went back to my place.
              annie (who's leaving do it was) fell asleep, 1 person went home, 3 others
              were rushing so much they went to Turnmills to 'ave it (dear god!), leaving
              me and another mate to finish the remaining goods and start the pure skunk
              challenge. messy business.

              gutted i didn't make it.

              >I didn't get to make the Fabric set unfortunately (just the pre-party -
              >but even this was enough for some people!!) but I can say even without
              >having gone - the lads wouldn't have played a hard house set!!!
              >
              >:)
              >
              >Nick
            • Magnus Lorentz
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 5, 2003
                It was greeeeat!

                Awesome , and some nice people from list were present.

                Met Mike - allround good guy :)

                ...juuust got back from the airport .. I think I need some sleep :)

                So , when's the releaseparty? :D

                /Magnus