Hybrid/Moby @ the Sunshine Theater

  • Matthew Craig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2000
      Well let me start by saying I'm disappointed.. no not quite in the
      way you are thinking. My friends and I arrived at the club only to
      be greeted with a sign.. "Hybrid will not be performing tonight.. they
      will instead spin a DJ set". So much for my one (and possibly ONLY)
      chance to see Hybrid perform live.

      The DJ set was one of the better sets I've heard... lots of Hybrid
      remixes (the Echoplex mix of Finished Symphony being the only
      Hybrid original). They placed the Decks up on stage.. so at least I
      got to get a look at the guys. Mike was egging the crowd on nicely.
      I'm glad they didn't put them in the back where they normally place
      DJs.. that would have been a complete bummer.

      On a slightly better note... I was pleasantly suprised by the number
      of people that showed up specifically for Hybrid. Pretty good for
      a city where you'd be hard pressed to find any version of Wide Angle
      for sale. Which reminds me - is it true that the American release of
      Wide Angle has been recalled by the record label? I don't need any
      of the songs, but this might make the disc a somewhat rare - hybrid
      collectible.

      Moby'performance was good - in case anyone was wondering. It seemed
      to keep with his current live "script", but it was good nonetheless.
      Too bad Moby was just supposed to be the icing on the cake. At least I
      got a Hybrid T-Shirt out of it.

      --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
    • Ally Shuttleworth
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2000
        >Too bad Moby was just supposed to be the icing on the cake. At >least I got
        a Hybrid T-Shirt out of it.

        That reminds me...I saw a guy wearing a Hybrid t-shirt in Ibiza - he said he
        got it while seeing Hybrid, Groove Armada etc. last year. I gave him a hug and
        told him to keep wearing it with pride... :o)

        Ally

        http://netwinsite.com
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2000
          On Thu 28 Sep, Ally Shuttleworth wrote:

          > > Too bad Moby was just supposed to be the icing on the cake. At
          > > >least I got
          > a Hybrid T-Shirt out of it.
          >
          > That reminds me...I saw a guy wearing a Hybrid t-shirt in Ibiza - he
          > said he got it while seeing Hybrid, Groove Armada etc. last year. I
          > gave him a hug and told him to keep wearing it with pride... :o)

          Oh so you're one of those people who walks up to complete strangers in
          the street and starts talking to them, are you?... <grin>

          Guess it's better to do that in Ibiza than in York... one afternoon when
          I'd handed an important essay in in the morning and had a long stint in
          the pub for lunch, I was walking home and passed a guy in a KLF T-shirt,
          and went up to him and started trying to buy it from him. I think he was
          scared.

          Stuart.

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
            > Oh so you're one of those people who walks up to complete strangers in
            > the street and starts talking to them, are you?... <grin>

            Oh yeah....def!

            > Guess it's better to do that in Ibiza than in York... one afternoon when
            > I'd handed an important essay in in the morning and had a long stint in
            > the pub for lunch, I was walking home and passed a guy in a KLF T-shirt,
            > and went up to him and started trying to buy it from him. I think he was
            > scared.

            ha ha!!! I nearly offered to buy the Hybrid t-shirt, but he seemed a big
            fan, so didn't try and scare him off.