Re: [Hybrid] OT: My new favourite track!!

  • Ben Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      > finally got round to listening to Bedrock Breaks.. slipped disc2 in, and
      > fell in love.
      >
      > Trinity Hi-Fi - Turn the lights down (dave london mix)
      >
      > can anyone tell me more about this track / outfit. absolutely gorgeous.

      Real name Kay Dee Kay, from Liverpool I think, kinda jazzy/folk stuff with
      electronic production mixed in
    • renegadesoundwaves
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
        Here's a review of the single on Breaksbeat:

        An all-American affair with excellent Trinity Hi-Fi remixes from
        three U.S. artists. The "Turn the Lights Down" remix by Florida's
        Dave London was made to be the last tune of the nite, with a
        melancholic vibe that perfectly matches the "don't stop the music"
        vocal, and a wicked pulsating electro style bassline that just won't
        quit. If you have not been convinced by Dave's other tunes than
        check this track out for sure, it was also featured on
        Airdog's "Play It Rough" compilation. Heading over to the West Coast
        for the second remix, top DJ/production duo Ming & FS put most vocal
        garage to shame with a lush, brilliant 2-step mix. Deejay Punk-Roc
        contributes the third track on this 12", a remix of "Hey Joe" with
        sultry female vocal and sultry and 4/4 disco beats. The original
        Trinity Hi-Fi tracks are not on this 12" but will be included on
        forthcoming Trinity Hi-Fi album "Fuego".

        Definetly a excellent tune that was released last September.

        Craig