OT: My new favourite track!!

  • Andy Kinsella
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      finally got round to listening to Bedrock Breaks.. slipped disc2 in, and
      fell in love.

      Trinity Hi-Fi - Turn the lights down (dave london mix)

      can anyone tell me more about this track / outfit. absolutely gorgeous.
      AK
    • gba
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
        i found this on vinyl at amoeba in sf the other day:

        Trinity Hi-Fi - Turn the Lights Down

        A: 1: Turn the Lights Down (Olive Remix)
        2: Turn the Lights Down (Ming + FS 2Step Mix)
        B: 1: Turn the Lights Down (Album Version)
        2: Hey Joe (DeeJay Punk-Roc Remix)

        it's on TVT (see underworld, etc..), used for only $1.95!

        -xs

        > finally got round to listening to Bedrock Breaks.. slipped disc2 in, and
        > fell in love.
        >
        > Trinity Hi-Fi - Turn the lights down (dave london mix)
        >
        > can anyone tell me more about this track / outfit. absolutely gorgeous.
        > AK
      • Ben Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          > finally got round to listening to Bedrock Breaks.. slipped disc2 in, and
          > fell in love.
          >
          > Trinity Hi-Fi - Turn the lights down (dave london mix)
          >
          > can anyone tell me more about this track / outfit. absolutely gorgeous.

          Real name Kay Dee Kay, from Liverpool I think, kinda jazzy/folk stuff with
          electronic production mixed in
        • renegadesoundwaves
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
            Here's a review of the single on Breaksbeat:

            An all-American affair with excellent Trinity Hi-Fi remixes from
            three U.S. artists. The "Turn the Lights Down" remix by Florida's
            Dave London was made to be the last tune of the nite, with a
            melancholic vibe that perfectly matches the "don't stop the music"
            vocal, and a wicked pulsating electro style bassline that just won't
            quit. If you have not been convinced by Dave's other tunes than
            check this track out for sure, it was also featured on
            Airdog's "Play It Rough" compilation. Heading over to the West Coast
            for the second remix, top DJ/production duo Ming & FS put most vocal
            garage to shame with a lush, brilliant 2-step mix. Deejay Punk-Roc
            contributes the third track on this 12", a remix of "Hey Joe" with
            sultry female vocal and sultry and 4/4 disco beats. The original
            Trinity Hi-Fi tracks are not on this 12" but will be included on
            forthcoming Trinity Hi-Fi album "Fuego".

            Definetly a excellent tune that was released last September.

            Craig