[Hybrid] Re: Aphex Twin etc.

  • Daniel Silva
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
      IMHO, there's no 'too diverse' in IDM. Aphex sets the bar, and
      []pusher's up there too... I can't really think of an album/ep from
      either one that I couldn't listen to. Maybe in my current state of
      music ADD I want to skip over all the piano tracks in DrukQs, but if I
      just had the album playing in the background I wouldn't touch it..

      >Yeah, I think his point was that SquarePusher is better at arsing
      >albums up by being too diverse, as opposed to RDJ, who isn't.
    • Antti Mutta
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
        I actually do the other way around with Drukqs, skipping the traditional AFX-material. The new piano tracks are just beautiful!

        > IMHO, there's no 'too diverse' in IDM. Aphex sets the bar, and
        > []pusher's up there too... I can't really think of an album/ep from
        > either one that I couldn't listen to. Maybe in my current state of
        > music ADD I want to skip over all the piano tracks in DrukQs, but if I
        > just had the album playing in the background I wouldn't touch it..
        >
        > >Yeah, I think his point was that SquarePusher is better at arsing
        > >albums up by being too diverse, as opposed to RDJ, who isn't.
      • Ben Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          > IMHO, there's no 'too diverse' in IDM. Aphex sets the bar, and
          > []pusher's up there too... I can't really think of an album/ep from
          > either one that I couldn't listen to. Maybe in my current state of
          > music ADD I want to skip over all the piano tracks in DrukQs, but if I
          > just had the album playing in the background I wouldn't touch it..

          DrukQs is beyond fantastic, I got the DJ last night to play 54 Cmryu beats
          and Cock Ver 10, happy days :o)