Streaming?

  • Thomas Hansen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2002
      Hello everybody

      I need a quick advise, I would like to record a internet radio transmission to my HD ( preferably to mp3 ) any of you guys or gals know a program that can do this? Link would be welcome.
      Thanks in advance

      Thomas Hansen
    • Neil Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
        Hi,

        > I need a quick advise, I would like to record a internet radio
        > transmission to my HD ( preferably to mp3 ) any of you guys or
        > gals know a program that can do this? Link would be welcome.

        Assuming the source of the stream or radio station is MP3 then you can use
        WinAMP (www.winamp.com) which is free. Just check the settings:

        WinAMP -> Options -> Preferences -> Input -> Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder

        and click "Configure", you should see a series of tabs with "Streaming"
        being one of them. The option to save to file is there.

        If the source is WMA / Windows Media then you need ASF recorder (may work on
        *live* streams, not sure). Just try searching for "ASF Recorder" in Google
        (www.google.com).

        But, if it's Real Audio then I have no idea as Real Audio has always been a
        bugger to save to disk! Try Google again ;)

        - Neil
      • Kevin Cheng
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
          You could just run the stream and record via wavelab or a similar
          program, but I don't know how well that works.

          >I need a quick advise, I would like to record a internet radio
          >transmission to my HD ( preferably to mp3 ) any of you guys or gals know
          >a program that can do this? Link would be welcome.
        • -dj-eddy-
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
            sound forge. http://www.sonicfoundry.com

            allows you to record from audio card to hd and save it as any kind of format
            you'd like. be it .wav .wma .mp3 etc.

            costs a lot of money but if you are internet savvy enough you can grab one
            for free out there.