Aphex Twin etc. (was: re: Question for y'all...)

  • Ben Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2002
      > What Richard D. James album in particular? Or do you mean all of his work?
      > I'd vote for Squarepusher if diversity-killed-the-album is in question :)

      Squarepusher isn't Aphex Twin/Richard D James
    • propellerheadcase
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2002
        Yeah, I think his point was that SquarePusher is better at arsing
        albums up by being too diverse, as opposed to RDJ, who isn't.

        --- In HybridUK@y..., "Ben Smith" <a.smith4@b...> wrote:
        > > What Richard D. James album in particular? Or do you mean all of
        his work?
        > > I'd vote for Squarepusher if diversity-killed-the-album is in
        question :)

        > Squarepusher isn't Aphex Twin/Richard D James
      • Daniel Silva
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
          IMHO, there's no 'too diverse' in IDM. Aphex sets the bar, and
          []pusher's up there too... I can't really think of an album/ep from
          either one that I couldn't listen to. Maybe in my current state of
          music ADD I want to skip over all the piano tracks in DrukQs, but if I
          just had the album playing in the background I wouldn't touch it..

          >Yeah, I think his point was that SquarePusher is better at arsing
          >albums up by being too diverse, as opposed to RDJ, who isn't.
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1 3:27 AM
            I actually do the other way around with Drukqs, skipping the traditional AFX-material. The new piano tracks are just beautiful!

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1 9:18 AM
              > IMHO, there's no 'too diverse' in IDM. Aphex sets the bar, and
              > []pusher's up there too... I can't really think of an album/ep from
              > either one that I couldn't listen to. Maybe in my current state of
              > music ADD I want to skip over all the piano tracks in DrukQs, but if I
              > just had the album playing in the background I wouldn't touch it..

              DrukQs is beyond fantastic, I got the DJ last night to play 54 Cmryu beats
              and Cock Ver 10, happy days :o)