RE: [HybridUK] Did you know that those annoying adverts at the top can be removed?

  • Andrew J Cowell
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
      Works for me ...

      > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
      > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
        On Fri 01 Sep, Darrin Maunders wrote:

        > All that needs to happen is for the list owner (The person that created
        > this mailing list) pays eGroups a fiver.

        Sadly, not quite right. It's $5 _per month_; and it's payable a year in
        advance, ie. somebody has to fork out $60 to get rid of those adverts
        for year. And then another $60 the following year...

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
          On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
          > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
          > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.

          but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
          means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
          sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
          adverts at the bottom.
          -pete

          --
          (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
          "god invented turn signals for a reason"
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
            I VOTE FOR A MOVE!!!!!!!!!

            CAN YOU SEE THIS UNDER THE ADVERT??? ARE YOU READING
            THIS????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!

            IT'S LIKE PUTTING YOUR !@$!#$^^ING .SIG FILE AT THE TOP OF A MESSAGE..
            BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

            Sorry for the caps. But the adverts at the top are far more irritating to
            me.
            --
            (dj) arizona
            davin greenwell

            On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:

            > On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
            > > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
            > > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
            >
            > but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
            > means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
            > sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
            > adverts at the bottom.
            > -pete
            >
            > --
            > (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
            > "god invented turn signals for a reason"
            > uin#153025

            > USEFUL LINKS
            >
            > Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
            > http://www.distinctiverecords.com
            >
            > Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
            >
            > Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
            > http://www.breaksworld.com/

          • Stuart Bruce
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
              On Fri 01 Sep, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:
              > On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
              > > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to
              > > leave the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
              >
              > but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
              > means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
              > sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
              > adverts at the bottom.

              I'm using a text-based e-mail client. However, instead of messages
              opening in small, fraction-of-the-screen windows, I get them to open in
              windows that're as tall as my screen; which means that the advert really
              does blend into the header at the top of the page, to get ignored.

              Since people seem to feel so passionate about moving, I'd suggest
              putting it to a poll vote.

              Stuart.