Did you know that those annoying adverts at the top can be removed?

  • Darrin Maunders
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
      All that needs to happen is for the list owner (The person that created
      this mailing list) pays eGroups a fiver.

      Just so you know. :)
      Oddball []
    • Andrew J Cowell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
        Works for me ...

        > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
        > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
          On Fri 01 Sep, Darrin Maunders wrote:

          > All that needs to happen is for the list owner (The person that created
          > this mailing list) pays eGroups a fiver.

          Sadly, not quite right. It's $5 _per month_; and it's payable a year in
          advance, ie. somebody has to fork out $60 to get rid of those adverts
          for year. And then another $60 the following year...

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
            On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
            > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
            > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.

            but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
            means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
            sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
            adverts at the bottom.
            -pete

            --
            (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
            "god invented turn signals for a reason"
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
              I VOTE FOR A MOVE!!!!!!!!!

              CAN YOU SEE THIS UNDER THE ADVERT??? ARE YOU READING
              THIS????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!

              IT'S LIKE PUTTING YOUR !@$!#$^^ING .SIG FILE AT THE TOP OF A MESSAGE..
              BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

              Sorry for the caps. But the adverts at the top are far more irritating to
              me.
              --
              (dj) arizona
              davin greenwell

              On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:

              > On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
              > > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to leave
              > > the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
              >
              > but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
              > means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
              > sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
              > adverts at the bottom.
              > -pete
              >
              > --
              > (peter.royal|osi)@... - http://pobox.com/~osi
              > "god invented turn signals for a reason"
              > uin#153025

              > USEFUL LINKS
              >
              > Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
              > http://www.distinctiverecords.com
              >
              > Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
              >
              > Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
              > http://www.breaksworld.com/

            • Stuart Bruce
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
                On Fri 01 Sep, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:
                > On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
                > > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to
                > > leave the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
                >
                > but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
                > means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
                > sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
                > adverts at the bottom.

                I'm using a text-based e-mail client. However, instead of messages
                opening in small, fraction-of-the-screen windows, I get them to open in
                windows that're as tall as my screen; which means that the advert really
                does blend into the header at the top of the page, to get ignored.

                Since people seem to feel so passionate about moving, I'd suggest
                putting it to a poll vote.

                Stuart.