RE: Wide Angle

  • ally@xxxxx.xx.xx
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 1999
      I got it from the US version of CD.

      It's not available in the UK at all.

      What 'is' strange, is that it's a Japanese import, yet it was sent from Amsterdam?!?!

      Ally

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 1999
        On Fri 22 Oct, ally@... wrote:
        > Good news!!
        >
        > I've just got the Japanese import of 'Wide Angle'.
        >
        > It's got 5 bonus live tracks on it, including 'Kill City' and 'Burnin'.

        Let us know what the live tracks sound like. Hybrid live was pretty damn
        impressive, I'd love to know whether that impressiveness transfers
        properly to CD.

        Presumably it's a 2 CD set? What with "Wide Angle" already being 76
        minutes long, I don't imagine there'd be room for five more bonus tracks
        on the CD, not without a considerable touch of editing...

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
          All this talk of Wide Angle v Morning Sci-Fi v I Choose Noise got me
          into the mood to listen to a bit of old school Hybrid...Wide Angle. I
          only play it now and again because I listened to it so much over the
          years.

          It's still my favourite album of all time, still makes me smile and
          think 'oh this is beautiful', still making everyone in my office tap
          their feet to the beat without realising :)

          Just wanted to say that really...

          Ally (currently jumping up and down to Theme from Wide Angle)
        • Peter Chapman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
            Yes I'm not actually sure anything will ever top wide angle for me as an
            album. All the discussion on here did make me put MSF back on my mp3 player
            and I do like it, it's different and Ithink if they'd released it under a
            different artist name so I didn't know it was Hybrid I'd really enjoy it as
            something completely different but when hoping for a follow up to WA it just
            doesn't seem to cut it.

            I'm still very excited for 4th of September. If Hybrid isn't doing anything
            close to it to mark the launch then maybe we could try and organise an I
            Choose Noise party in a bar somewhere and get as many group members along as
            possible, any DJ's willing to play and we could have a bit of an unoffical
            Hybrid night. It is a Monday night though so I guess I'd be restricted to
            doing something in London. Just an idea but I thought I'd put it out there.

            Pete.
          • Trent Saunders
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
              I wish something like that would happen in Australia!!
              Wide angle did have quite an effect when I first
              listened to it. One that will be hard to beat, But
              Morning sci-fi hit me like nothing else, it took about
              5 listens, but after that it was just mindblowing and
              to this day it is still my fave album ever. I guess it
              could be the mature edge of the music grew on me over
              time in a way wide angle maybe didn't (as I was a bit
              younger back in the summer of '99) lol. All in all,
              Both albums are brilliant. Apsolutley brilliant, and I
              know I choose noise will be on par, if not much
              better. guarenteed