Re: Need an introduction to Hybrid

  • ally@xxxxx.xx.xx
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 1999
      >OK, that's too twisted a coincidence. I'm in York >myself. Heworth area,
      >where're you?!

      hehe - I was doing my driving test there yesterday!
      I live in Upper Poppleton (near Acomb).

      >I remember noting it 'cos I saw the �limited� 6 x 12� version as well,
      >which I thought was a novel idea although probably �for fans only�

      Really? Where did you see it?

      The Misik Tour looks very good - I'll get my tickets booked!

      Btw, Sky TV seem to be using Hybrid's music a bit recently - I saw an ad for 'Gattica' last night and they had 'Finished Symphony' playing over the top.

      It's good that they're getting some recognition at last!

      "like Hotmail but faster and a lot better"
      Carol Vorderman, The Mirror, writing about http://www.funmail.co.uk
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 1999
        On Tue 21 Sep, ally@... wrote:
        > > OK, that's too twisted a coincidence. I'm in York >myself. Heworth
        > > area, where're you?!
        >
        > hehe - I was doing my driving test there yesterday! I live in Upper
        > Poppleton (near Acomb).

        Small world, really. Maybe we should meet up sometime, argue about music
        tastes...?

        It would be good going considering I set up the Utah Saints mailing list
        nine months ago now, and so far no-one on it has met anyone else- mind
        you a large number of them are in America, but there you go.

        > > I remember noting it 'cos I saw the �limited� 6 x 12� version as
        > > well, which I thought was a novel idea although probably �for fans
        > > only�
        >
        > Really? Where did you see it?

        The HMV in the centre of York. Near the back, at the front of the
        "dance" section, on the display rack next to a variety of other 12"
        singles etc. The Hybrid one originally caught my eye because of the
        price (15.99-ish) which stood out from the 3.99-etc. that's being asked
        from the other records on the rack.

        > The Misik Tour looks very good - I'll get my tickets booked!
        >
        > Btw, Sky TV seem to be using Hybrid's music a bit recently - I saw an
        > ad for 'Gattica' last night and they had 'Finished Symphony' playing
        > over the top.

        I only get Sky One, but I'll look out for that one.

        > It's good that they're getting some recognition at last!

        On that note, is there anybody else on this list? I've been lurking for
        a short time without saying anything, has anyone else been doing the
        same?

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 1999
          I've now got that Ltd edition record.

          It's actually the album and on 3 x 12".

          >On that note, is there anybody else on this list? I've been lurking for
          >a short time without saying anything, has anyone else been doing the
          >same?

          Yeah - I only started this list a while back - no-one so far has ventured to say anything...even when I've asked a question :-)