Idle (idol?) curiosity...

  • propellerheadcase
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      What what was it, about November of 2000 that saw the number of
      posts, here, better than triple, and show steady growth thereafter?

      There seems to have been a defining moment, as I assume that would be
      in close proportion to the number of members - I know that membership
      here has been climbing recently, but that was a really big jump - any
      of the old-timers remember?

      Was it a tour? a particular remix? I mean, I joined in late Feb of
      2K1, a while after this defining moment, whatever it was (but then I
      AM in New Zealand - things take a while to filter down here
      sometimes), and I think it was the War of the Worlds remix and/or the
      BodyRock remix coupled with realising that the Blue Pearl remix was
      the same guys. I do remember thinking to myself, whilst listening to
      whichever of the Nettwerk Plastic comps that has BodyRock on it
      that "these guys write good breaks".
    • hybridfanuk
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
        November 2000? I can't even remember what happened in November 2001!
        I've been running the list for two and a half years...it all merges
        into one. There was only a few of us at the start, we've now got 360
        members....phew!

        You're right though, it did go up quite a bit that month.
        I've just looked back in the message archive...we talked about a lot
        of subjects. Quite a bit about the Lennie De Ice remix, Symphony,
        MP3s. the remixes of Moby etc.

        I seem to remember that Hybrid were on tour with Moby at that
        time...? That may have accounted for some of the new members then.

        It's quite nice reading through some of the old messages...that
        month, Hybrid managed to get 29th place in GEAR magazine's "Coolest
        100 things in the world" (beating things like the Ducati motorcycle,
        Nintendo Gamecube and the Winter Music Conference).

        I'd just like to say that this list gets a lot of good comments about
        how friendly everyone is. Many members that have never posted tell me
        how much they like being on the list.....so thank you to everyone for
        making this list a lively (understatement) and happy one :o)

        Ally

        --- In HybridUK@y..., "propellerheadcase" <propellerheadcase@h...>